In this list you will find internships from the different organizations that are part of City of Knowledge. The FCDS assumes no responsibility for the opportunities offered by these organizations
Published on May 05, 2020
CaLP Americas Virtual Internship
Limit: May 27, 2020
The Cash Learning Partnership (CaLP) is a global partnership of humanitarian actors engaged in policy, practice and research within Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA). CaLP currently has over 80 members including UN agencies, Red Cross Red Crescent, local NGOs, international NGOs, donors and private sector organisations. Going beyond the membership, we work with many other agencies and individuals. CaLP is based on learning, knowledge sharing, networking, policy and coordination around the appropriate and timely use of CVA in humanitarian response. CaLP does not deliver Cash and Voucher Assistance directly. Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
The RoleThe Americas office in Washington, DC, supports work in both donor country contexts in the U.S. and Canada and increasingly, to support CVA actors’ responses in various responses in Latin America and the Caribbean. Its agenda includes promoting improved coordination, information sharing, capacity building and strengthening the evidence base for CVA. The CaLP Americas internship will focus on the Latin America and Caribbean region, assisting the team with program, communication and administration support to carry out the activities in the work plan. The internship will allow the intern to deepen his/her knowledge on humanitarian response through CVA.
Areas of Responsibility
- Support with the development of activities to carry out CaLP’s strategy in the region.
- Translate, edit, and proofread a range of materials in Spanish to ensure consistency with key messages and style guidelines.
- Research CVA practices in the Latin America and Caribbean region.
- Aid in the creation of external communications products for social media.
- Support with the management of stakeholder outreach, including email lists and digital media to disseminate information on events and trainings.
- Provide administration and logistical support in organizing regional events and trainings. This includes liaising with participants and providing logistical arrangements.
- Professional/native fluency in Spanish
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- A high level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience working in an international aid organization or non-profit setting
- Knowledge and/or experience working with Latin America and the Caribbean
- Experience using Mailchimp
It may interest you …
- Mentorship for entrepreneurs: a powerful catalyst for innovation
- The City in the (IV) Revolution
- Radical optimism: the balance between utopia and pragmatism
- Climate change, the great crossroad
- Panama Jazz Festival: inspiring, educating, and changing lives through music
- WFP Regional Centers in Panama, proud of the Nobel Peace Prize