In this list you will find internships from the different organizations that are part of City of Knowledge. The FCDS assumes no responsibility for the opportunities offered by these organizations
Published on March 17, 2020
INTERNSHIP – IOM
Limit: April 03, 2020
INTERNSHIP – IOM
Type of Appointment: Internship – 1 month with possibility of extension
Duty Station : Panama
Venezuela Response Programme Support Intern – Socioeconomic Integration
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Working under the overall direction of the DG Special Envoy for the Regional Response to the Venezuela Situation, the intern will assist with the planning, development, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of IOM’s Venezuela Response, specifically on the socio-economic integration component. The incumbent will join the regional coordination unit (RCU) located at the IOM’s Office of the DG’s Special Envoy for the Venezuela Situation in Panama, Panama. Tasks will include:
· Assisting the Regional Integration Officer, Project Support Unit officers and/or Regional MEAL officers in reviewing thematic reports.
· Assisting in keeping the programme’s information and documents up-to-date and supporting with knowledge management.
· Coordinate office support services for meetings, training, seminars, committees, and special projects and events; attend meetings, prepare minutes, monitor follow-up activities; of documents and publications, including support to IOM’s co-leadership role in the Regional Platform’s Integration Sector.
· Assist in research, compile, and organize background information and reference materials from various sources for reports, briefs and speeches; generate a variety of statistical and other reports from various databases.
· Supporting the Regional Integration Officer in organizing regular rounds of monitoring with missions.
· Supporting the Project Officers in monitoring and evaluating, including reporting tasks on IOM projects, national and regional.
· Assist the RCU team in administrative tasks, including procurement.
· Create and maintain the work unit’s filing and reference systems; review the efficiency of Unit procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
· Undertake other duties as may be assigned.
Fluent English and Spanish.
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , by 03 April 2020 at the latest, indicating “Internship Venezuela Response Programme ” in the subject of the email.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
It may interest you …
- Panama Jazz Festival: inspiring, educating, and changing lives through music
- WFP Regional Centers in Panama, proud of the Nobel Peace Prize
- CREASS: a bridge between classroom learning and real life experience
- Alliances: the key to advance further and faster
- Planting of Flags: a legacy of patriotism
- The UN’s 75th anniversary: a journey through its history in Panama