In this list you will find internships from the different organizations that are part of City of Knowledge. The FCDS assumes no responsibility for the opportunities offered by these organizations
Published on July 14, 2017
Regional Procurement Internship
Limit: July 14, 2017
?The Regional Procurement Intern will support the Operational Procurement Senior Officer to carry out procurement task at country, regional and international level in assistance to Federation Operations within the Americas Region. The Regional Procurement Intern will provide support executing procurements in HLS (Procurement Software) and developing the regional supplier’s data base in coordination with the Regional Senior Operational Procurement officer.
?Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To support the execution of the purchase of goods and services for Operations, PNS’s and other parties as directed /requested by the Americas Operational Procurement Senior Officer while implementing Federation standard procurement practices and procedures, ensuring all purchased goods meet required Federation technical standards for delivery in a timely and cost-effective manner. ?
- Support in maintaining complete files to full audit trail standard on each procurement carried out as per standard filing procedure including procurement file checklists. ?
- To support in producing regular, timely and accurate narrative reports as required.
?The intern duty station is the Americas Regional Office of the International Federation of Red Cross Red Crescent Societies in Panama. She/he forms part of the Regional Logistics Unit Team (RLU).
- The Regional Procurement Intern will support the Operational Procurement Senior Officer to carry out procurement task at country, regional and international level in assistance to Federation Operations within the Americas Region. ?
- The Regional Procurement Intern will provide support executing procurements in HLS (Procurement Software) in coordination with the Operational Procurement Senior Officer. ?
- To support in maintaining the LR management table updated. ?
- To support in maintaining and developing the regional supplier’s database.
?Time-frame and proposed agenda
?Three months with possible extension.
?1. Provide a final report of all the activities of the internship.
?a) To support the execution of the purchase of goods and services for Operations
?b) Support in maintaining complete files to full audit trail standard on each procurement
?c) To support in producing regular, timely and accurate narrative reports as required.
?d) To support in maintaining the LR management table updated
?e) To support in maintaining and developing the regional supplier’s database.
?2. Provide a complete debriefing at the end of the contract to the person chosen by the Head of the Regional Logistics Unit.
- Logistics business or related area
?Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office) ?
- Capacity to adapt to multi-cultural environments, Preferred ?
- Team work oriented, results oriented, well organized, responsible, hard worker
- Good command of English and Spanish
?Competencies and Values
- VALUES: Respect for diversity, Integrity, Professionalism, Accountability ?
- COMPETENCIES: Communication, Collaboration and Teamwork, Judgement and Decision Making, National Society and Customer Relations, Creativity and Innovation, Building Trust.
?Please bear in mind the following important facts when submitting your application:
- Interns are not entitled to a salary or benefits from the Federation ?
- The Federation will provide the intern with a daily allowance which will serve to cover the cost of meals and other related expenses ?
- Interns are not eligible for payment of overtime ?
- Interns are solely responsible for making their own logistical arrangements (visa, travel, accommodation, insurance, etc.) as well as for their cost prior to starting the internship ?
- The IFRC accepts no responsibility to provide medical insurance, or for costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during the internship. Interns are required to provide a copy of their health and accident insurance certification ?
- This internship is open to local and international applicants who are currently-enrolled in a university or equivalent level, or have graduated recently (normally within 1 year from the date of hiring) in an area that is compatible with the above description
?Please enter to the link: http://www.ifrc.org/en/who-we-are/working-with-us/current-vacancies/job-description/?id=9356
Disponibilidad: Starting on July 1, 2018
For more information please write an emailSend email
It may interest you …
- Reflection on the progress towards electrical mobility in Panama
- Ideathons: Entrepreneurs solve the challenges of companies in Panama
- Gamification for Sustainability: Games That Change the World
- Rediscovering and reliving the City of Knowledge experience
- Journalism and science for the construction of the social network.
- Clean water for medical emergency care: Strengthening care quality care during the pandemic