In this list you will find internships from the different organizations that are part of City of Knowledge. The FCDS assumes no responsibility for the opportunities offered by these organizations
Published on March 02, 2017
Limit: March 02, 2017
Purpose of the Internship
The Regional Procurement Intern will be based in the IFRC Americas Regional Office as part of the Operational Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Services Department. He/She will support the Regional Procurement Unit to carry out procurement tasks in assistance to Federation operations within the Americas Region and in support to Operating National Societies (NSs), Participating National Societies (PNs) and other Parties as well as supporting transport related procurement, for customer service delivery and serve as backup for tracking shipments through the Regional Logistics Unit (RLU) pipeline.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the execution of the purchase of goods and services for Operations, PNS’s and other parties as directed /requested by the Regional Senior Procurement Officer while implementing Federation standard procurement practices and procedures, ensuring all purchased goods meet required Federation technical standards for delivery in a timely and cost effective manner
- Support to identify and maintain an accurate and up-to-date supplier information for the region for the regularly purchased items.
- Support in maintaining complete files to full audit trail standard on each procurement carried out as per standard filing procedure including procurement file checklists
- Support in producing regular, timely and accurate narrative reports as required.
- Support in maintaining the LR management table updated.
- Logistics business or related area
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Good command of English and Spanish
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Team work oriented, results/solution oriented, well organized, responsible, hard worker
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Capacity to adapt to multi-cultural environments
Competencies and values
VALUES: Respect for diversity, Integrity, Professionalism, Accountability
COMPETENCIES: Communication, Collaboration and Teamwork, Judgement and Decision Making, National Society and Customer Relations, Creativity and Innovation, Building Trust
Interested candidates must submit their application through the below link no later than March 17, 2017: http://www.ifrc.org/en/who-we-are/working-with-us/current-vacancies/job-description/?nPostingId=1966&nPostingTargetId=3931&id=QPFFK026203F3VBQB79LO793E&LG=UK&mask=ifrcextern
Disponibilidad: March 2017
For more information please write an emailSend email
It may interest you …
- Reflection on the progress towards electrical mobility in Panama
- Ideathons: Entrepreneurs solve the challenges of companies in Panama
- Gamification for Sustainability: Games That Change the World
- Rediscovering and reliving the City of Knowledge experience
- Journalism and science for the construction of the social network.
- Clean water for medical emergency care: Strengthening care quality care during the pandemic