En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que hacen parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 13 de February de 2020
Fecha límite: 26 de February de 2020
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES (UNHCR) INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Effective date of assignment
Duties and Qualifications
1. General Background
The Finance Associate will assist the Bureau in the areas of administrative and financial matters. He/she will report directly to the Finance Officer of the Regional Controller Team who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent also refers to UNHCR Manuals and relevant policy papers on financial issues. The incumbent assists with the processing of financial transactions. S/he keeps frequent contact with staff at various levels in the office and with bank officials to exchange information. The incumbent may supervise some support staff.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment Accountability (key results that will be achieved)
- Financial transactions and reconciliations are processed in line with relevant policies and procedures.
- A smooth operational work is ensured through timely payments, cash replenishment and monitoring of expenditure and budget balance.
- Financial reports are provided as per financial guidelines and when required.
Responsibility (process and functions undertaken to achieve results)
- Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
- Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
- Advise and assist staff members, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, calculate and authorize payments due for claims and services.
- Maintain liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
- Verify that the financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Ensure timely application of internal control mechanisms
- Reducing number of open items for the region with special attention to travel related items
4. Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of secondary education with post-secondary training/certificate in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related fields
b. Work Experience
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience.
c. Key Competencies
- Proficiency in English and Spanish - Analytical Thinking
- Technological Awareness
- Planning and Organizing
- High level of IT affinity (MS Office applications, People Soft)
Desirable qualifications & competencies:
- Knowledge and work experience of MSRP Finance applications.
- Good knowledge of UN/UNHCR Financial rules and procedures.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
Proficiency in English and Spanish.
Please note that this position is offered under UNOPS LICA contract initially until 31 December 2020 (with possible extension).
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and might be requested to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR/UNOPS does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
How to apply
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Persons interested in applying for this position must be Panamanian Nationals or must be legally present in Panama at the time of application, recruitment and hire. Non-Panamanian citizens are required to attach a valid work permit to be considered for this vacancy.
Interested applicants are kindly asked to visit the page http://www.unhcr.org/careers.html to submit an application. We only accept applications submitted through the MSRP portal for this job opening.