En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que hacen parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 04 de February de 2020
Business Support Assistant SSA3 (115161)
Fecha límite: 17 de February de 2020
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Are you skilled in providing business support to facilitate effective service delivery? Would you like to change and save lives with the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide? If yes, this opportunity is for you.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
At WFP we are looking for a talented Business Support Assistant for the Regional Bureau of Latin America and the Caribbean. You will perform administrative support functions and provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit or the designate.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other material to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
2. Respond to routine queries received and escalate where appropriate, to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
3. Proofread written documents, such as standard reports and correspondence, to contribute to the accuracy of written information developed by staff.
4. Provide a set of standard business support activities, where required, to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
5. Make travel arrangements and support events, etc., to support staff to work effectively.
6. Support the maintenance of office files, documents, and records in accordance with established systems and processes so that information is current and readily available for staff.
7. Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organised and readily available for the business team.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Three or more years of experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to use standard office equipment such as photocopiers and scanners.
• Knowledge of standardised business support work routines and methods.
• Knowledge of standard office software packages, e.g. Microsoft word.
• Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information with a variety of individuals.
• Good attention to detail in order to identify data discrepancies.
• Ability to work to deadlines and follow clear instructions.
Language: Fluency in Spanish and English, both oral and written communication.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position: Business Support Assistant
Number of openings: 1
Based in: Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract: SSA, Level 3
Duration: 3 months with possibility of extension.
Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledge. This position is open only to Panamanian citizens or residents with permanent work permit.
HOW TO APPLY?
- To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
- In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply to this post is monday 17 February, 2020. Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Female applicants and qualified applicant are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.