En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 01 de Septiembre de 2023
Human Resources Officer NOB
Fecha límite: 17 de Septiembre de 2023
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Are you interested in further developing your professional experience while contributing to ending global hunger? Are you passionate about helping those in need? Would you like to join a global organization investing in its people? If so, an exciting & fulfilling career awaits you! Join our diverse and passionate team that works on varied and international projects directly contributing to saving & changing millions of lives around the globe.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this position is September 17, 2023.
WHO WE ARE:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), a highly prestigious, reputable & world’s largest humanitarian organization, operating in more than 120 countries and territories, bringing life-saving assistance in emergencies,building pathways to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict,disasters and the impact of climate change and supporting sustainable and resilient livelihoods for a world with zero hunger.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse,committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment,Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP) and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
• WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
• WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse, and multicultural working environment.
• WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of training,accreditation, coaching, mentorship, and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
• A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across the various country,regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
• We offer an attractive compensation package (please refer to the Terms and Conditions section).
The HR Officer NOB will be a Talent Management Strategic Partner to Country Office Management teams.He/She will be a roving HR professional covering WFP Honduras, WFP Cuba, WFP Dominican Republic and WFP Nicaragua, with travel requirements to all three countries. She/he will be expected to operate with minimal supervision, providing guidance and working closely with the HR teams of each country, ensuring that operational and project objectives are achieved. The HR Officer NOB will be heavily involved in day–to-day activities and analytical work, provide advice on talent management issues, applying HR rules, regulations and expertise in making determinations and recommendations, and in developing and implementing people-centred initiatives that meet the demands of the COs covered, across a range of talent acquisition,performance management, people management, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, and career management issues, among others.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, and deliver HR operational activities or projects, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies.
2. Provide advice to managers and employees, understanding their needs and ensuring policies, procedures,processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them.
3. Provide effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements, and resolving employee relations issues.
4. Contribute to staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing/delivering development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges.
5. Deliver onboarding activities which ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organisation.
6. Contribute to building and managing talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their need sand delivering solutions to recruit, retain, manage and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver business objectives.
7. Support organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency.
8. Guide and supervise junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries.
9. Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders.
10. Contribute to continuous improvement by implementing new/updated HR policies, procedures and systems and recommending improvements to ways of working.
11. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration,Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses.
Experience: At least six years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development. Experience in managing Talent Management initiatives, having worked in multicultural contexts. Experience in developing and maintaining effective partnerships with multiple stakeholders.
Language: Fluency in English and Spanish is required, working knowledge of French is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Broad or specialised knowledge of Talent Management, with a solid understanding of the theoretical background.
Ability to support and provide guidance to more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Strong analytical ability to evaluate data, draw conclusions and articulate recommendations.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, including the ability to effectively elicit information from, and provide information to others and to work with a variety of stakeholders.
Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and provide client oriented service.
Ability to identify client’s needs and match them to appropriate solutions.
Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Must perform efficiently in a high-volume environment, both independently and as part of a team.
Ability to multi-task and meet competing priorities
WFP LEADERSHIP FRAMEWORK: COMMON STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUR
Lead by example with integrity.
1. Demonstrate and encourage others to uphold WFP values, principles, and standards.
2. Value diversity using respectful and inclusive language, and encourage others to do the same.
3. Stay focused and calm when under pressure, encourage others to do the same, and offer guidance and support to manage difficult situations.
4. Demonstrate humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, frequently seeking and acting on feedback, and pursuing opportunities to develop.
Drive results and deliver on commitments.
1. Identify and align objectives to the required outcomes, holding self and/or others accountable for the delivery of results for maximum impact.
2. Delegate responsibly and provide appropriate support, empowering others to deliver results.
3. Respond readily to change in different contexts and adapt accordingly.
Be inclusive and collaborative
1. Promote inclusive teamwork and psychological safety by encouraging colleagues to collaborate by sharing ideas and openly raising issues.
2. Support development for others by giving timely and constructive feedback.
3. Seek out, trust and listen attentively to diverse views to capture, learn, build, and share new perspectives.
Apply strategic thinking.
1. Communicate and fulfil WFP's vision and operational outcomes to deliver meaningful solutions.
2. Demonstrate curiosity, design and implement new ways of doing things when relevant.
3. Gather data and different perspectives, share knowledge, and use evidence to inform decision making.
4. Implement decisions, considering the risks and implications of actions for teams, projects, and other initiatives.
Build and maintain sustainable partnerships.
1. Initiate and build partnerships by identifying and promoting opportunities for mutual areas of interest and benefit.
2. Collaborate with partners to deliver common objectives by sharing information and working together on agreed solutions.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Has provided direction and instruction to more junior staff members within area of expertise
Has gained extensive experience providing administrative and systems support across multiple activities in employment life cycle including: recruitment, interviews, training support, performance management,relocation support and policy implementation within a country office environment
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Number of openings: 1
Based in: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Level: National Officer B.
Duration: 12 months.
This position is open to Honduran citizens.
You can consult the UN Salary Scale for Panama page for your reference.
Fixed-Term appointments are for a continuous period of one year or more and shall have a specified expiration date. The initial appointment is subject to a probationary period of one year.
Successful candidates will be placed in a roster for two (2) years.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs,job requirements,merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination,any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee,Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
In order to apply for this role, please click on the link below:
Te puede interesar …
- De la visión a la utopía posible
- De la visión a la utopía posible
- Pescadores artesanales del Golfo de Montijo apuestan por el monitoreo satelital
- Detrás del Canal de Empresarias: Emprendiendo y generando oportunidades para el cambio social
- La concepción de una utopía
- Mujeres escribiéndonos en la historia