En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 25 de Mayo de 2023
Senior Advocacy Advisor, FP 2030 Latin America & Caribbean Regional Hub
Fecha límite: 04 de Julio de 2023
The position could be based in: Panama, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, or Peru
Senior Advocacy Advisor, FP 2030 Latin America & Caribbean Regional Hub
Context: Family Planning 2030 (FP2030) is a global partnership of governments, civil society, multilateral organizations, donors, private sector, and researchers committed to supporting the rights of women and girls who wish to use contraception. FP2030’s vision is a future where women and girls everywhere have the freedom and ability to lead healthy lives, make their own informed decisions about using contraception and having children, and participate as equals in society and its development.
The FP2030 Support Network includes five regional hubs: North, West and Central Africa; East and Southern Africa; Asia and the Pacific; and Latin America and the Caribbean, and North America and Europe, led by an Executive Director, supported by an Executive Directorate team, who reports to the Governing Board. The FP2030 LAC Hub will be headed by a Managing Director supported by a small team, of which the Advocacy Advisor will be part. Save the Children and PROFAMILIA-Colombia working in a collaborative manner have been selected as the host of the FP2030 Latin America & Caribbean Regional Hub.
The LAC regional Hub will have a Senior Advocacy Advisor who will be a technical expert (TE) position who is expecting to lead the design and the implementation of the FP2030 advocacy strategy in LAC region.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The Senior Advocacy Advisor will be accountable for delivering the FP2030 advocacy strategy in the LAC region.
Strategic Planning and Management:
·Design and implementation of a regional advocacy strategy based on the FP2030 global advocacy framework and in close coordination with country civil society partners as well as with the FP2030 Advocacy and Partnerships team.
·Work jointly and provide strategic advice to the FP2030 regional leadership team to achieve the regional hub objectives.
Advocacy Planning and Management:
·Develop and implement advocacy strategies aligned with FP2030 regional priorities.
·Elevate and expand the regional family planning agenda and ensure high-level political engagement and momentum around FP2030 commitments.
· Develop and lead the implementation of the region’s civil society engagement strategy.
· Coordinate closely with the Hub’s Communications and Knowledge Management Coordinator to implement a regional advocacy communications strategy and to support implementation of FP2030’s global advocacy communications strategy within the region.
· Conduct political risk analysis when needed.
·Work closely with the data team in rolling out evidence-based advocacy and accountability strategies.
· Contribute to the development of relevant regional resources around advocacy.
· Support and nourish regional advocacy, including building and nurturing alliances with advocacy coalitions and other family planning partners and stakeholders.
· Coordinate closely with the Communications and Knowledge Management Coordinator to assist to countries in the region as they implement their accountability efforts an ensuring cross-country, cross-regional learning exchanges, and best practices.
External Relations/Stakeholder Management:
·Develop and implement regional strategies for long-term relationship building with partners and other non-governmental stakeholders, aligned with the FP2030 Vision Framework and with a focus on integrating family planning and sexual and reproductive health (SRH) with other health and development sectors such as gender, humanitarian, climate change and related sectors.
·Coordinate closely with the Hub’s Country Engagement Coordinators to implement a regional strategy for country commitment mobilization including connecting with non-state actors in the family planning and other health and development sectors within the region, including the private sector, to build relationships, share information, and mobilize commitments to FP2030.
· Effectively manage non-state actor commitment maker relationships, including outreach to new and existing commitment makers, including supporting the self-reporting process for these commitment makers.
·Seek opportunities to advance and operationalize rights-based family planning (RBFP), including for youth and other underrepresented groups in global development, humanitarian, health, and gender agendas, particularly with a diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice lens.
·Coordinate closely with the Hub’s Engagement coordinator/ Youth to implement the regional youth and adolescent strategy and manage organizations and alliances with youth lead organizations in the region.
·Collaborate with civil society and youth consultants, and other staff as needed to advance advocacy and partnerships work across the region.
·Provide regular updates on the progress of advocacy and partnerships work in the region, including to FP2030 Senior Leadership; draft content for reports to funders, Senior Leadership, and key external stakeholders as needed.
Children who come into contact with Save the Children as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of child abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm.
To be successful, you will bring/have:
Education & qualifications
·Master’s degree in public health, Public Policy, International Development, Business Administration, Economics or related field, or equivalent standard of education.
· Written and spoken fluency in English and Spanish required. Other languages (French and/ or Portuguese) desirable.
Knowledge and proven abilities
· Significant demonstrable advocacy abilities.
· At least 7-8 years of professional experience at the national or international level, with project management, advocacy and coalition building, and strategic communications expertise.
· Experience in working with multi-stakeholder partnerships.
· Knowledge of and familiarity with international or regional reproductive health/FP partnerships.
· Team player with adaptable and pragmatic approach to work, able to work independently as well as with a team.
· Strong time management and prioritization skills and the ability to meet deadlines and deliver objectives on time despite time constraints and pressure situations.
· Ability to think strategically and help drive projects from inception to implementation.
· Excellent writing, editing, communications, and research capabilities.
· Excellent organization skills, capable of delivering objectives independently.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong oral, written, editorial and presentation skills.
· Strong analytical and writing skills with advanced knowledge of and proficiency in the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
· Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural competencies.
· Politically astute with a good understanding of the bigger picture, culturally sensitive and diplomatic.
· Enthusiastic and motivated about FP2030’s vision, mission and values.
· Commitment to community and civil society engagement including the meaningful participation of marginalized communities.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Early applications will have priority. Qualified candidates could be interviewed before de application closing date.
Para más información puede enviar un mensaje o visita este enlaceEnviar mensaje
Te puede interesar …
- Mujeres escribiéndonos en la historia
- ¿Es la Ciudad del Saber una Smart City?
- Detrás del Canal de Empresarias: Emprendiendo y generando oportunidades para el cambio social
- «Ciudad del Saber y sus Mujeres»: Conmemorando el Mes de la Mujer en comunidad
- Revista Sapiens
- Siembra de Banderas en Ciudad del Saber: Una tradición que trasciende generaciones