En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 22 de Mayo de 2023
Family Plannig 2030 - Country Engagement Coordinator, FP2030 LAC Regional HUB
Fecha límite: 15 de Junio de 2023
The position could be based in: Panama, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, or Peru
TITLE: Country Engagement Coordinator, FP 2030 Latin America & Caribbean Regional Hub
Context: Family Planning 2030 (FP2030) is a global partnership of governments, civil society, multilateral organizations, donors, private sector, and researchers committed to supporting the rights of women and girls who wish to use contraception. FP2030's vision is a future where women and girls everywhere have the freedom and ability to lead healthy lives, make their own informed decisions about using contraception and having children, and participate as equals in society and its development.
The FP2030 Support Network includes five regional hubs: North, West and Central Africa; East and Southern Africa; Asia and the Pacific; and Latin America and the Caribbean, and North America and Europe, led by an Executive Director, supported by an Executive Directorate, who reports to the Governing Board. The FP2030 LAC Hub will be headed by a Managing Director supported by a small team, of which the Country Engagement Coordinator will be part. Save the Children and PROFAMILIA-Colombia working in a collaborative manner have been selected as the host of the FP2030 Latin America & Caribbean Regional Hub.
The LAC regional Hub will have a Country Engagement Coordinator who will promote and manage all engagements with country partners and stakeholders. This position is responsible for advancing engagement with a designated set of countries in the Hub region, including engaging with regional partners, and wider stakeholders at the country level to advance the goals of FP2030 in LAC.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Engagement with Country Partners and Stakeholders:
· Under the leadership of the LAC Regional Hub Managing Director, and in collaboration with the rest of the Hub team, and with regional country-based focal points (once they are named), as well as with staff throughout the Support Network as appropriate, provide strategic support for countries in the region, including:
§ Support FP2030 commitment-making countries in developing and advancing their FP2030 commitment-making process based on the commitment toolkit, country-specific analyses, and country requests.
§ Support engagement with new countries and other key country partners in the region in order to secure political commitment to FP2030, as appropriate.
§ Design and execute convenings (to include virtual and in-person convenings as appropriate) of focal points and country partners.
§ Identify, communicate, and oversee focused areas of support to advance progress in country commitments across key thematic areas, including data, adolescents and youth, rights, financing, High Impact Practices (HIPs) in FP, Emergency Preparedness and Resilience (EPR), FP integration.
§ Contribute to country/regional sharing of best practices, lessons learned, and available tools, resources and up to date information across the designated countries.
§ Support evidence-based dialogue and deepened engagement with key national governments, policy makers and country-level partners in the designated countries.
§ Coordinate with relevant external partners to proactively identify opportunities for collaboration with new and emerging partners to advance the commitment goals of designated countries.
§ Review and provide feedback on country plans and strategies, as requested by the country focal points, in collaboration with regional and global partners if needed.
· Coordinate closely with the Hub’s Advocacy Advisor to support the implementation of a regional advocacy strategy for FP2030 in the region, and to ensure that country activities are deeply grounded in a rights-based approach and reflect FP2030’s approach to advocacy and accountability.
· Coordinate closely with the relevant staff supporting country and youth engagement and partnership, ensuring continued engagement of civil society and youth focal point networks in the region.
· Provide support to deliver on cross-cutting FP2030 priorities in the LAC countries, such as: promoting a rights-based approach to FP policy, programs, and service delivery; highlighting evidence, country data, and High Impact Practices (HIPS); ensuring programs reach and meet the needs of adolescents and young people and other marginalized groups such as those living with disability; and working with countries to build resilience plans for FP in times of crisis and displacement.
· Contribute to annual and quarterly work plans and budgets to provide value-added support to accelerate country progress in designated countries. Prepare regular work plan reviews and timely reports on progress/challenges.
· Liaise closely with the Data & Performance Management and Track20 teams to monitor country progress towards achieving and fulfilling country commitments.
· Contribute to strategic thinking, planning, and organizational development for the Hub and across the FP2030 Support Network as appropriate.
External Relations and Communications:
· Contribute to high level engagement meetings by documenting progress and key challenges, and by drafting clear and concise executive summaries of countries achievements and challenges.
· In consultation with the Managing Director, manage regular meetings with key regional partners and participate in FP2030 external events, meetings and on task teams.
· In collaboration with the Managing Director, identify opportunities and events/conferences to highlight FP2030 and the accomplishments of the FP2030 movement, especially in the area of country achievements.
· In collaboration with the Communications team, identify and support development of communications opportunities and messaging that can be featured in regional communications as well as in global FP2030 communications such as the FP2030 newsletter, website/social media, and/or annual progress reports.
· Contribute to the analysis of data and the development of the FP2030 annual progress report on activities and performance.
· Collaborate with relevant FP2030 staff to develop content for internal and external communications for LAC countries in the Hub and for the Hub overall.
· Contribute to the drafting of relevant regional inputs to meet reporting requirements for donors and to FP2030’s fiduciary and Senior Leadership teams.
· Contribute to translation and localization of FP2030 products for LAC audiences including newsletters, briefs, webinars, announcements, and templates, collaborating with the Officer, Communications and the NAE Communications Team, making use of external translation support as appropriate.
· Children who come into contact with Save the Children as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of child abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm.
To be successful, you will bring/have:
Education & qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in public health, public policy, international development, business administration, economics, or other directly related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· Written and spoken fluency in English and Spanish required.
Knowledge and proven abilities
· At least 5 years of professional experience in global health, family planning, reproductive health, international development, or a related field.
· Ability to think strategically and drive project implementation. Project management expertise with an ability to move projects forward from inception to implementation to completion.
· Prior experience working in one or more of the countries in the region.
·Experience in working with multi-stakeholder partnerships including governments, donors, multi-lateral agencies, developing countries and civil society organizations.
· Proven record of coordinating development partners and managing effective mechanisms for monitoring and reporting at global, regional, and country levels.
· Continuous learning skills and the ability to synthesize information.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and cultural competencies.
· Strong attention to details.
· Excellent writing, editing, communications, and research capabilities, with advanced knowledge of and proficiency in the MS Office Suite (OneNote, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Willingness to travel (up to 25% time) with the ability to represent the organization with professionalism, diplomacy, and aplomb.
· Politically astute with a good understanding of the bigger picture, culturally sensitive and diplomatic.
· Enthusiastic and motivated about FP2030’s vision, mission and values.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Early applications will have priority. Qualified candidates could be interviewed before de application closing date.
Te puede interesar …
- De la visión a la utopía posible
- De la visión a la utopía posible
- Pescadores artesanales del Golfo de Montijo apuestan por el monitoreo satelital
- Detrás del Canal de Empresarias: Emprendiendo y generando oportunidades para el cambio social
- La concepción de una utopía
- Mujeres escribiéndonos en la historia