En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 17 de Enero de 2023
Country Representative, Honduras - American Red Cross
Fecha límite: 31 de Enero de 2023
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 192-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies to prevent and alleviate human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during, and after disasters, health emergencies, and other crises. IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. IFRC is led by its Secretary General and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy, and Corporate Services. IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. IFRC also has country cluster delegations and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster, and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat.
The Country Representative is intended to be the representative and manager of the countries covered by the American Red Cross delegation in the country to be designated, (priority countries or pilot initiative countries), with clear management authority and responsibility. Under the leadership and guidance of the Global division director, he/she is responsible for developing the strategy to support the projects implemented by the National Societies (NSs) with funds canalized through the American Red Cross in the country.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the Programs and Projects on AmCross in the country to be designated: Plan, organize, manage and control programs execution
• Support the NS in resource mobilization actions: Support in the implementation of resource mobilization strategies with the NS.
• Represent AMCROSS in the country. Participation in movement meetings, PN´s, CICR, and IFRC "
• Permanent monitoring for the fulfillment of programmatic and financial aspects of the programs and projects: Review of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and programmatic reports.
• Internal Monitoring Visits in the country.
• Support in the construction of framework documents. Strategic plan of partnership, or other initiatives of the Amcross, such as Global Teaming, Climate initiative, and other commitments
• Advice and guidance to the NS in Disasters: Support Technical and/or Financial• Strengthening Disaster Response: Strengthening Disaster Response to Support Response Lead
- Required BA plus 5 years of experience in humanitarian operations for a humanitarian aid organization and or development cooperation organization, Humanitarian Assistance, Development, Social Work, or related fields.
- Administration, industrial engineering, or Humanitarian sciences master’s degree. Strong understanding of different methods of monitoring and evaluation including new technology-based approaches.
- General comfort level with technology is required with proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint expected. Also, familiarity with Salesforce, Google Drive, DropBox, and Zoom/MS Teams is preferred.
Project Management degree and implementation in humanitarian actions, preferred.
- Experience working with or for the Red Cross or similar humanitarian NGOExperience delivering community-based programs; experience working at a level (tools, analysis, evaluations, training).
- Experience working and leading in a matrixed management structure is desired.
- Experience working with local/national partners.
- Experience and knowledge of Project Management and the project management cycle, including project design, launch, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Experience in proposal writing, project design, and other fundraising methodologies is desirable. Experience with incorporating Protection, Gender, and Inclusion (PGI) in community-based programs and projects, preferred.
- Eperience integrating community engagement and accountability approaches in community programs and projects, preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Must be detail-oriented and organized and have strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
- Must be flexible and willing to participate in conference calls outside of regular business hours, work remotely and travel if needed.
- Must be able to work and problem-solve independently, meet multiple deadlines, and interface with a broad spectrum of Nationals Head Quarters, regional, and chapter staff.
- Prior experience managing grants (USAID, Foundation awards preferable) as well as sub-recipient relationships, preferred.
- Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills and must demonstrate familiarity with evolving industry standards.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, and can work independently.
- Ability to travel internationally up from 20-30%.
- Fluently spoken and written English/Spanish
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic), preferred
A letter of motivation must be submitted along with the application no later than the closing date. In order to ensure a proper comparative evaluation of your application for this vacancy and to enable us to consider your profile against other similar current and future vacancies, we ask that you submit your application taking into account the following:
- Please note that the selected candidate will be hired through a national contract under the labour law of any of Tegucigalpa (Honduras); therefore only those citizens, as well as foreign applicants with valid and current residence and work permit in those countries, will be considered for this vacancy.
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by Federation policies, procedures, plans and local labour laws
- The closing date is midnight Geneva time; Only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be notified.
Interested candidates should visit the link: https://www.ifrc.org/jobs/details.html?&nPostingId=9729&nPostingTargetId=113026&id=PZ8FK026203F3VBQB79LO79OB&LG=UK&mask=newtempconfig
Para más información puede enviar un mensajeEnviar mensaje
Te puede interesar …
- Siembra de Banderas en Ciudad del Saber: Una tradición que trasciende generaciones
- La ciencia detrás de la conservación de perezosos
- Océanos de Panamá: Oportunidades entre desechos
- Save the Children consulta a niños, niñas y adolescentes sobre sus derechos con el proyecto «Panamá Protectora»
- Reduciendo brechas de género en la utilización de vehículos aéreos no tripulados