En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 04 de Agosto de 2022
Peace Corps Panama Seeks General Services Clerk
Fecha límite: 22 de Agosto de 2022
The organization was founded by President John F. Kennedy in 1961 with the mission to promote friendship and peace world-wide by offering technical assistance and cross-cultural exchange. The Peace Corps sends the best and brightest Americans abroad on behalf of the United States to tackle the most pressing needs of people around the world. Volunteers work at the grassroots level to develop sustainable solutions that address local challenges. Peace Corps has over 25 years of experience working in Panama in four project areas: Sustainable Agriculture Systems, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Community Environmental Conservation, and Teaching English, Leadership and Life Skills.
The General Service Clerk is under the general supervision of the General Services Manager. The PC General Service Clerk serves as the primary contact for all PCV’s, vendors, service providers, etc. that visit or call the PC offices. He/she functions as the switchboard operator. Incumbent is responsible for distributing and mailing personal and official correspondence and packages to all PCV’s in country. Maintains PCV’s files both in hard copy and electronically mailboxes and coordinates its distribution amongst current and new PCV’s. Assures there is a permanent stock of forms and office supplies used by PCV’s and staff.
· Incumbent functions as the switchboard operator, as such, is responsible for receiving screening and directing all phone calls from Volunteers, vendors, counterparts, etc.
· Maintains our office supply inventory and replenishment.
· Assist in maintenance assigned to Peace Corps property and individuals in SunFlower (Agency Inventory System).
· Assist in maintaining an accurate inventory of Peace Corps property.
· May be designated a principal or alternate cashier after consultation with CFO/GAP, pending final approval by FSC Charleston or Bangkok.
Candidates will be determined to meet the minimum qualifications if they submit a complete application by the deadline, and showed evidence of having met the following criteria in their paper application materials, as defined within this advertisement:
· Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or in a field related to the position, or other degree with two years progressively responsible experience with clerical and/or secretarial knowledge of administrative duties.
· Experience in the field: At least 3 years of experience in reception, clerical or secretary positions.
· Language Proficiency: Speaks, reads, and writes Spanish and English fluently (minimum of Intermediate Level/Good Working Knowledge of English)
· Experience within a multicultural organization/company: At least 1 year of experience working or studying in an intercultural environment.
o Knowledge about Panama’s history and familiarity with Panama’s ethnic groups and cultures.
· Soft Skills:
o Good organization and time management skills; willingness to take initiative; excellent teamwork skills, strong service attitude; personal integrity; flexibility; strong interest in Panama’s development.
o Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to lead, motivate, coach, and advise adults.
· Back-up Cashier Responsibilities: Selected candidate will be trained on USG cashiering skills and processes and will be required to pass a USG mandated cashiering exam before completing probationary period.
· Driving: A driver’s license and stated availability to travel (driving 4x4 official vehicles with manual transmissions).
· Work Permit: Applicants must possess a Panamanian work permit for at least 2 years unless Panamanian or US citizens. For any pre-selected candidate will be required to reside in Panama City in order to sign the contract document.
· POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO SECURITY CHECK AND MEDICAL CLEARANCE.
For a complete Statement of Work, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary and Benefits
$1,217 - $1,384 (gross monthly salary, commensurate with previous experience within salary range, bonus, health/life insurance, transportation allowance). This is a Personal-Service Contractor (PSC)/local hire position.
Letter of Interest, three references, copy of the driving license, work permit (if applicable), and resume (all in English) to be submitted each as a separate document in PDF format as an attachment by email to PAemail@example.com due by August 16th.
Subject line in the email must read: PEACE CORPS Receptionist
ALL applications must be received via email. Interviews and testing are expected to be scheduled the week of August 22nd.
For additional information regarding Peace Corps, please visit our website at http://panama.peacecorps.gov or social media forums: FB/Peace Corps Panama / Instagram: PeaceCorpsPanama.
Te puede interesar …
- Save the Children consulta a niños, niñas y adolescentes sobre sus derechos con el proyecto «Panamá Protectora»
- Reduciendo brechas de género en la utilización de vehículos aéreos no tripulados
- Contribuyendo a garantizar los Derechos Universales de los niños, niñas y adolescentes en Panamá
- Parque Ciudad del Saber: Nueva etapa para el deporte y el esparcimiento
- Reflexión sobre el avance hacia la movilidad eléctrica en Panamá
- Ideatones: Emprendedores resuelven los desafíos de empresas en Panamá