En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 09 de Junio de 2022
[UNHCR RBA Panama] Operations Associate - Temporary Appointment
Fecha límite: 25 de Junio de 2022
Job Title Operations Associate - Temporary Appointment
Job ID 37548
Persons interested in applying for this position must be Panamanian Nationals or must be legally present in Panama at the time of application, recruitment and hire. Non- Panamanian citizens are required to attach a valid work permit to be considered for this vacancy.
Procedures and Eligibility
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and might be requested to sit for a test.
Duties and Qualifications
Organizational Setting and Work Relationships
The incumbent normally works under the supervision of the (Senior) Operations Officer. S/he performs a variety of functions related to the instructions and guidelines for UNHCR in the Regional Bureaux and in the Field about reporting, implementation and Planning for projects within a certain geographical area.
S/he works quite independently on regular assignments with an oversight from the supervisor who provides general guidance and work plans for identifying work priorities and appropriate approaches. Work is controlled for meeting expected results and conformity to policy and procedures.
The Incumbent does not normally have a direct supervisory role. Contacts on administrative/budgetary related issues are mainly with Sections/Units/Offices within the Organization and with local suppliers/services/ partners normally on routine subject matters.
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Review operational data, regional and country operations plans and ensure that plans are correctly set up by verifying indicators, budget lines, prioritization and apportioning.
- Create reports; conduct regular regional, operation-specific and comparative analyses of plans through Focus, Global Focus and MSRP to create appropriate tables for Operations Officers.
- Use tables to detect and quickly show inconsistencies and/or system problems, possible programme shortfalls and advise field operations accordingly.
- Assist in training of staff to build capacity in: Focus Client, Global Focus, Focus Reader and MSRP.
- Initiate administrative processing of implementing instruments, sub-agreements and closure of projects at the Operations level.
- Carry-out specific administrative operational/control tasks for programme activities, including processing field requests for transfer of funds, increase/decrease of the obligation level, procurement, Committee on Contracts approval and submissions to the Budget Committee.
- Contribute to the preparation of plans, reports, project documents and submissions for donor funding by drafting and reviewing text and preparing budgets.
- Prepare background information of use in discussions within the Country Operations, Bureau, Divisional Support and field Offices.
- Follow-up, in close coordination with the field, on the purchase requests with the concerned units at Headquarters and prepare draft memos with field inputs for submission to Committee on Contract.
- Liaise with Donor Relations, maintains records of status of contributions, commitments, availability of funds, compiles data and produces financial reports to be attached to Appeals or reports.
- Keep track of up-dated Fact-Sheets of Country and Regional Operations.
- Gather information from the press and other public sources to facilitate the Operations Officers analysis of political and social developments impacting on UNHCR¿s operations.
- Enforce compliance with UNHCR¿s global strategies, protocols and guidelines.
- Decide which issues of inconsistency and/or non-compliance with RBM processes and deadlines have to be brought to the attention of Operations Officers, senior management and country/regional operations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G6 - 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Field(s) of Education
(Field(s) of Education marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Certificates and/or Licenses
Business Administration, Economics,
Political Science, Law
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
In depth knowledge of/previous experience in Focus, Global Focus, and MSRP data management and/or other RBM systems analysis. Understanding of the basics of IPSAS.
Training in programme design, monitoring & evaluation. Completion of UNHCR learning programmes relevant to the functions (e.g. OMLP). Knowledge of UNHCR's operational rules and procedures. Direct experience as Programme or Operations Associate and in Focus development training.
IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English is a requirement for this position.
All UNHCR workforce members must individually and collectively, contribute towards a working environment where each person feels safe, and empowered to perform their duties. This includes by demonstrating no tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment including sexual harassment, sexism, gender inequality, discrimination and abuse of power.
As individuals and as managers, all must be proactive in preventing and responding to inappropriate conduct, support ongoing dialogue on these matters and speaking up and seeking guidance and support from relevant UNHCR resources when these issues arise.
This is a Standard Job Description for all UNHCR jobs with this job title and grade level. The Operational Context may contain additional essential and/or desirable qualifications relating to the specific operation and/or position. Any such requirements are incorporated by reference in this Job Description and will be considered for the screening, shortlisting and selection of candidates.
- Core Competencies
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
- Managerial Competencies
- Cross-Functional Competencies
Planning and Organizing
Please note that this position is offered under Temporary Appointment contract for 6 months. (With possibility of extension).
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Recruitment as a UNHCR staff member and engagement under a UNHCR affiliate scheme or as an intern is subject to proof of vaccination against Covid-19.
The closing date for submission of applications is Friday, 24 June 2022 (Midnight Geneva Time).
Te puede interesar …
- Parque Ciudad del Saber: Nueva etapa para el deporte y el esparcimiento
- Reflexión sobre el avance hacia la movilidad eléctrica en Panamá
- Ideatones: Emprendedores resuelven los desafíos de empresas en Panamá
- Gamificación para la sostenibilidad: Juegos que cambian el mundo
- Vivir y redescubrir Ciudad del Saber
- Periodismo y ciencia para la construcción del tejido social