En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 09 de Mayo de 2022
Regional Finance Control and Compliance Coordinator, LAC Region
Fecha límite: 24 de Mayo de 2022
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3: the post holder may have contact with children and/or young people intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) due to visiting country programs.
The Finance Control and Compliance Coordinator provides financial advice, leadership and expertise in financial accounting, donor compliance and controls to regional and country finance teams, working closely with senior finance and awards staff to ensure timely, quality completion of all accounting processes and control/compliance reviews and providing analysis and decision support to Regional Finance Director and Country Finance Director.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional Finance Director
Functional relationship with Regional Operations Director and Regional Award Management Coordinator. Regional Dimensions: Save the Children works in 18 countries in LAC (12 SC offices and an additional 6 countries with partners), with a current staff of approximately 2000 and current expenditure of approximately $100 million per year. Save the Children has a direct presence in: Bolivia, Colombia, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Peru and Venezuela. Works with partners in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Costa Rica, Paraguay and Uruguay.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None, but there is a dotted technical line to CO Finance Managers.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Oversight of country offices and regional office ensuring compliance with local laws, regulations, SCI/Donor policies and procedures.
• Custodian of and expert in all SCI financial accounting and financial control policies, procedures and processes. Conduct monthly and quarterly reviews and assessments based on agreed finance reports and KPIs. Perform quality reviews and analysis of periodic financial returns as well as the relevant finance KPIs as agreed with the Regional Finance Director. Provide feedback and technical support to country offices, to improve effectiveness in financial controllership. Comprehensive financial reviews will include performance analysis in the following areas: balance sheet, income statement, cash, adequacy of adherence to generally accepted accounting principles and SCI’s financial procedures etc... Ensure country offices address the issues in a timely manner.
• Manage and consolidate the regional finance data. Based on comprehensive analysis and knowledge of countries, contribute in prioritising and flagging high and medium risks backed by financial and narrative commentaries. Continuously seek to improve the quality and impact of management financial information for decision support. Provide relevant and timely information to management in the COs RO and centre.
• Produce organisational required monthly financial summary exception reports with insightful commentaries for regional and centre management. Biannual country office and regional office finance and control committee preparation and follow-up.
• Assist COs and RO with daily operations, intra-country billings etc… Trouble shooting in finance and accounting - assist the COs to fix specific problems that they cannot solve on their own and /or source
technical assistance to assist the COs.
• Capacitate CO finance teams to ensure quality and timely reporting on controls and Donor Compliance. Provide orientation for new finance staff in country offices on SCI Policies. Ensure all COs have updated copies of the SCI policy and procedures and help CO develop and improve local policies and procedures that are realistic and conform to general principles. Provide policy clarifications and assistance to the COs as new policies get rolled out.
• Year-end and audit oversight/coordination. Technical leadership for COs and RO in preparing for internal and external audits and in responding to audit issues and follow up with the implementation of the audit recommendations.
• Technical interface with Agresso support and development team on accounting, controls and compliance.
• Review and continually improve country office key performance indicators and essential standard performance.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
• Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and Supporters
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Accounting, commence or business administration degree from a leading university, with financial management experience at a regional level within a complex global organisation and relevant professional qualifications (CPA/CA/ACCA).
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of donor regulations and experience working with various donors and agencies.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching and capacity building.
• At least five years of financial management experience in complex organization.
• Experienced in preparing both financial and management accounts, including for overseas offices (knowledge of working of charitable organisations is preferred, with IFRS knowledge important).
• Post qualification experience with financial processes, ideally within an international context
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with high levels of change and quick turnaround times, whilst delivering to the highest standards.
• Ability to synthesize information and propose solutions; to work independently and judge when to ask for advice or inputs.
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral Spanish and English), including the ability to communicate and present to key stakeholders at all levels within the organisation.
• Excellent attention to detail; planning, management and coordination skills.
• Cultural awareness and the ability to work collaboratively in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems.
• Strategic finance business partner with strong influencing skills, sharp business acumen and sound judgment.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which include rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at http://www.savethechildren.net/
Te puede interesar …
- Parque Ciudad del Saber: Nueva etapa para el deporte y el esparcimiento
- Reflexión sobre el avance hacia la movilidad eléctrica en Panamá
- Ideatones: Emprendedores resuelven los desafíos de empresas en Panamá
- Gamificación para la sostenibilidad: Juegos que cambian el mundo
- Vivir y redescubrir Ciudad del Saber
- Periodismo y ciencia para la construcción del tejido social