En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 13 de Enero de 2022
Assistant Storekeeper FT-G3
Fecha límite: 27 de Enero de 2022
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need..
The United Nations Humanitarian Response Depot (UNHRD), managed by WFP’s Supply Chain Division, is a network of six strategically located depots that procures, stores, and transports emergency supplies (non food items) on behalf of the humanitarian community. It focuses on emergency preparedness and response, and enables the strategic stockpiling of relief items and equipment for its 99 Partners including UN agencies, governmental and non-governmental organizations. The depots provide a full range of comprehensive supply-chain solutions and are located in Italy (Brindisi), United Arab Emirates (Dubai), Ghana (Accra), Panama (Panama Coity), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) and Spain (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria).
Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Support receipt/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
2. Prepare and verify warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records, to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
3. Support daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
4. Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, and refer to the supervisor for appropriate action.
5. Support implementation of appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
6. Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions to support efficient warehouse space-utilization and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Three years of experience in a related field.
Language: Spanish and solid knowledge of English.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Maintain and Keep updated records on stack cards, and/or computer inventory lists (WMS);
Make periodic physical inventory checks;
Liaise with colleagues in UNHRD and elsewhere and others on matters pertaining to logistics;
Deploy with UNHRD’s Field Team as per UNHRD SOPs.
Ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with local and UN safety regulations as well as UNHRD Warehouse SOPs.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Experience monitoring various aspects of logistics operations.
• Experience in supporting warehouse management.
• Experience in supporting inventory management.
• Experience in data entry and extracting routine reports.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position: Assistant Storekeeper
Number of openings: 1
Based in: Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Level: General Service level 3
Duration: 12 months.
This position is open only to Panamanian citizens or residents with permanent work permit.
You can consult the UN Salary Scale page for Panama, for your reference.
Fixed-Term appointments are for a continuous period of one year or more and shall have a specified expiration date. The initial appointment is subject to a probationary period of one year.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at career opportunities. If you are internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this position is January 27, 2022.
Link to apply:
Te puede interesar …
- Reflexión sobre el avance hacia la movilidad eléctrica en Panamá
- Ideatones: Emprendedores resuelven los desafíos de empresas en Panamá
- Gamificación para la sostenibilidad: Juegos que cambian el mundo
- Vivir y redescubrir Ciudad del Saber
- Periodismo y ciencia para la construcción del tejido social
- Agua limpia para la atención de emergencias médicas: Fortaleciendo la calidad de atención en la pandemia