En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 24 de Noviembre de 2021
GIS and Visualization Specialist - Consultant
Fecha límite: 07 de Diciembre de 2021
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Panama Regional Bureau is providing support to WFP country offices (COs) in Latin America and Caribbean region. In this region, WFP is shifting from its traditional role as provider of food assistance to a role of “enabler” working closely with Governments in order to support them in achieving Zero Hunger. On the one side, WFP interventions need to be supported by solid analytical work for identifying needs, refine targeting criteria and provide evidence base for decision making. On the other side WFP has also to pass these capacities to partner Governments’ where needed while also strengthening staff capacities.
WFP in the region has come under increasing pressure to demonstrate its results on the one hand and to provide support to Partner Government on the other hand to demonstrate progress towards achieving Zero Hunger. WFP has to support country offices in demonstrating results but also in generating evidence for advocacy purposes as well as providing capacity strengthening support. The Bureau has a triple function as coordinator, technical advisor and provider of technical assistance in Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, Guatemala, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Bolivia, Ecuador, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela and Barbados.
Support the Research Assessment and Monitoring team with GIS data management analysis and visualization.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. At the onset of an emergency, ensuring effective coordination with field, RB and HQ colleagues, aiming at promptly mapping and visualizing magnitude of the event, affected areas and WFP’s response;
2. Generate Operational maps regularly for protracted emergencies;
3. Support the daily data management activities to facilitate the creation of GIS products;
4. Work closely with the mapping team leader and support with the coordination of different mapping products requested ad-hoc for advocacy;
5. Maintain a working library of spatial data and metadata in the WFP Spatial Data library (sharepoint/teams);
6. Transpose static maps and dashboards into web GIS products, such as story maps, hubs, and other, with the use of arcgis online;
7. Transpose data from the field and other sources into visually appealing mapping products;
8. Participate in trainings, conferences and workshops to improve knowledge
and understanding of technology concerning geographic systems;
9. Provide training on GIS software, WebGIS platforms and data collection tools to GIS field staff, non-GIS users and Information Management Officers;
10. Promote the implementation of WFP Cluster-related standardized information
management workflows, data systems and information products across offices within the country operation;
11. Provide guidance for the development and implementation of information management tools to enable WFP-led Cluster partners to provide timely, consistent and compatible data of humanitarian assistance provided for operational analysis;
12. Perform any other duties within his/her professional competence as required to support project objectives.
DELIVERABLES AT THE END OF THE CONTRACT:
. Cartographic maps are created;
. Spatial Databases are constantly updated with new information;
. Web GIS maps and dashboards are created, following users requirement and appropriate technology;
. GIS support to WFP led Clusters and Country level Clusters is provided for the creation of maps for high visibility operations;
. Remote support is provided to Information Management Officers (IMOs) on 4/5Ws data management or any other technical issue;
. Training materials in the framework of the WFP led Clusters, such as simulation exercises, templates and handbooks are developed
STANDARD MINIMUN QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Geographic Information Systems, International Relations, Computer Science or another related field. University studies are desirable.
. Seven years of increasingly responsible relevant professional experience in Geographic Information System (GIS).
. Experience working in a humanitarian or development context is a plus;
. Profound experience working with GIS software ARCGIS 10.7 or above.. Quantum GIS and other Open Source Software knowledge are an asset;
. Experience in developing and managing web-enabled GIS systems, establishing clear roles and responsibilities with respect to data capture format designs, data input oversight, multi-variate data analysis and dissemination of mapping tools. Experience with Tableau;.
. Experience in transferring knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, workshop;
. Experience in designing and managing web GIS platforms, establishing clear workflows for data collection, data input oversight, multi-variate data analysis and dissemination of mapping tools.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Extensive knowledge of GIS theory and practice. Advanced editing on vectors using topology rules;
• Extensive knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS software and its extensions such as spatial analysis and interactive mapping and dashboards using ArcGIS Online;
• Understanding of data and information needs for programme management and decision making and experience with development and roll out of data management tools in support of the humanitarian coordination activities of the WFP-led Clusters;
• Knowledge of the WFP GeoNode web platform would be an asset;
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing;
• Courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in Spanish and English.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position: GIS and Visualization Specialist - Local Consultant
Number of openings: 1
Based in: Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract: Special Service Agreement
Duration: 3 months.
Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgement.
This position is open only to Panamanian citizens or residents with permanent work permit.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply is December 7, 2021.
Link to apply:
“Qualified applicants, especially female applicants, are encouraged to apply”
Te puede interesar …
- Reflexión sobre el avance hacia la movilidad eléctrica en Panamá
- Ideatones: Emprendedores resuelven los desafíos de empresas en Panamá
- Gamificación para la sostenibilidad: Juegos que cambian el mundo
- Vivir y redescubrir Ciudad del Saber
- Periodismo y ciencia para la construcción del tejido social
- Agua limpia para la atención de emergencias médicas: Fortaleciendo la calidad de atención en la pandemia