En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 29 de Septiembre de 2021
Fecha límite: 24 de Octubre de 2021
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization whose mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to assist them. It also strives to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Founded in 1863, the ICRC operates worldwide and employs more than 18'000 people in over 80 countries. Its headquarters are in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Working under the supervision of the Regional Legal Advisor for the Americas, the Legal Associate supports the operational legal priorities of the PAN RD.
- The specific focus of the position and its main responsibilities include providing support to the RLA in the following areas:
- Research and collection of information to support the design of strategies and action plans aimed at contributing to the Americas’ Regional Strategic Framework and PAN RD PfR through:
- Strengthening the legal pillar of the dialogue with regional intergovernmental organizations and the governmental authorities of countries covered by the PAN RD.
- Promoting state participation in priority IHL treaties and other relevant international instruments or processes, leveraging existing national IHL committees.
- Furthering the development of domestic legal and policy frameworks to ensure protection in armed conflict/OSV and better responses to the humanitarian needs identified by the delegation.
- Broadening the support base of the ICRC within law and policy circles.
- Assist in the implementation of specific components of the Americas Legal Strategy and PAN RD PfR, including the monitoring of country situations, advocacy with parliamentarians and government officials, drafting of relevant documents, memoranda, and legal commentaries and the organisation of activities to facilitate advocacy;
- Assist in the preparation of events and activities (seminars, workshops, side events, webinars, missions, etc.), such as preparing and sending invitations, finding and booking service providers, managing the discussions, etc.;
- Attend meetings (virtually or, subject to improvement of the health crisis, in person);
- Contribute to communication activities to give visibility to the results and activities carried out by the Legal Advisors of the Americas;
- Assist with background research necessary to the implementation of the Americas Legal Strategy and the PAN RD PfR (e.g. analysis of existing legislative frameworks and drafting of legal assistance, which may include commentaries to criminal laws and special laws, elaboration of draft parliamentary motions and /or parliamentary questions, elaboration of draft articles for effective domestic implementation).
- Contribute to monitor the activity of regional organizations in matters related to IHL and other fields of interest (drafting of periodic updates on the case law of the InterAmerican Court of Human Rights in particular).
- Support the RLA in his/her coordination with regional file holders (Detention, Missing, Migration, Multi) and Delegation Managers, with a view to identify legal needs and build joint approaches vis-à-vis national authorities or other actors of influence
- Support the RLA in the organization of an annual meeting gathering legal advisers working in the Region and GVA colleagues (CONSULT, JUR_OP, other concerned lawyers and experts) as well as other relevant regional events.
- Support the RLA with multi-dimensional and integrated working approaches with and to the PACE.
The Legal Associate will also team up with the incoming Prevention focal point at PAN RD.
Background and experience
- Graduate studies in law or political science/international relations/global affairs and/or equivalent professional experience. Coursework or professional experience in international criminal law, human rights, or international legal and political issues is appreciated;
- Fluency in Spanish (written and oral) AND English is required.
- Good knowledge of IHL and international criminal law
- Strong interest in humanitarian action and the ICRC
- Good knowledge of domestic legal frameworks and requirements for domestic legal implementation of international law; working experience with government administration or judicial bodies of advantage
- Basic experience in planning and organizing events;
- Knowledge of ICRC and the advisory service on IHL an advantage
Profile and skills
- Excellent written and oral expression in Spanish and English are required; knowledge (oral and written) of other languages would be an advantage
- Effective communication and analytical skills, creativity
- Facility in interpersonal relations and ability to work as part of a team
- Possessing excellent organizational and planning skills
- Autonomous and motivated
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other IT programs and information
- Proven research capacity;
- Political awareness and sensitivity, and inter-personal skills.
Interested and qualified participants with the required experience are invited to submit their application with a cover letter, salary expectation, and detailed resume to the Human Resources department at the following e-mail address: email@example.com - (temporary 1 year)
Te puede interesar …
- Ideatones: Emprendedores resuelven los desafíos de empresas en Panamá
- Gamificación para la sostenibilidad: Juegos que cambian el mundo
- Vivir y redescubrir Ciudad del Saber
- Periodismo y ciencia para la construcción del tejido social
- Agua limpia para la atención de emergencias médicas: Fortaleciendo la calidad de atención en la pandemia
- Autoridades académicas nos cuentan cómo se ha adaptado el sector a los tiempos de pandemia