En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 24 de Junio de 2021
New Business and Proposal Development Specialist
Fecha límite: 11 de Julio de 2021
LOCATION: Panama, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua or Peru
Working closely with the Regional Head of Resource Mobilization, the New Business & Proposal Development Specialist will develop high quality, rights-based and gender-sensitive proposals for Save the Children based on solid evidence and/or common approaches established by the organization. She/he will assist in writing specific proposal sections and coordinate with technical and other staff to bring together necessary information and resources. They will also contribute to identify and track donor opportunities, support donor engagement, and provide support to country offices in strengthening new business and proposal development.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional PDQ Director
Indirect: NBD global lead and Regional Head of Resource Mobilisation
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: The role holder will work on new business and proposal development at regional level. This will include working on funding opportunities for both development and humanitarian contexts, as well as support for and strengthening capacities in Country Offices.
Regional dimensions: Save the Children has 8 country offices and three domestic members in the Latin American and Caribbean Region. In addition, the Regional Office manages projects with regional Save the Children Members and partner organizations.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Donor and sector awareness
• Work closely with staff at RO and CO level to develop region-wide intelligence on key donors and actors, as well as portfolio analysis.
• Assist in identifying, summarizing and disseminating new funding opportunities
• Ensure familiarity with the requirements and formats and templates of each donor opportunity.
• Know the timeframe and submission deadlines for relevant donors.
Funding opportunity coordination
• Coordinate collaborative, data-driven Go/No-Go decisions, undertake pre-proposal activities including analysing the funding opportunity and gathering intel on the donor and other actors.
• Produce a clear work plan for each proposal opportunity in coordination with the relevant Save the Children Member.
• Manage and implement a plan ensuring that all necessary activities are clearly defined, assigned
and completed to the necessary timescales, communicating progress to all staff involved in
producing the proposals and escalating bottlenecks to relevant decision-makers.
Identify information gaps blocking proposal completion and secure the necessary information
is completed on time.
• Lead the post-submission follow-up process. Carry out in depth reviews of unsuccessful proposals to identify reasons and any lessons learned. Document, share and develop plans to address identified weaknesses.
• Supervise and ensure proper facilitation of project design workshops, developing concept papers, proposal narratives and log frames, ensuring that high quality standards are met and that proposals meet donor and SC member requirements.
• Identify and tailor any available pre-written content relevant to the proposal opportunity.
• Identify possibilities for the use of Save the Children Common Approaches in proposal design.
• Clearly identify roles and responsibilities and key actions for proposal development and ensure that there is a robust internal review process in place to ensure quality proposals are submitted.
• Ensure that all relevant Programmes, ACCM, Operations and Support teams such as HR, Awards, Procurement, IT, Finance are fully and proactively involved in the development of new proposals.
• Take information provided by the individual contributors (technical advisors, programs, humanitarian, operations and MEAL, among others) to build a quality proposal.
• Support and guide staff with key stakeholders to ensure that the proposal design integrates
expertise from all relevant actors/sectors.
• Liaise with finance, operations and PDQ on the development of the proposal budget.
• Carry out post-action proposal development reviews. Document, share and develop plans to address identified weaknesses.
Strengthen regional capacities in new business and proposal development
• Co-lead the regional NBD Community of Practice
• Provide training and technical support for country offices and the regional office
• Participate in global NBD CoPs, working groups and meetings.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS • Development professional with a relevant post-graduate degree or equivalent professional experience.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• 3-5 years of experience of successful proposal writing and development, especially with donors related to Save the Children’s thematic areas.
• Excellent program design skills, including capacity to prepare logical, coherent and
consistent proposal documents including logical frameworks. • Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels and pull together input from a diverse team. • Excellent English writing/editing skills and proven experience in writing proposals, concept notes. • Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners. • Proven representation skills. • Experience in training and mentoring others remotely and on-site. • Strong results orientation and well-developed analytical skills. • Capable to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner. • Able to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. • Willingness to travel in the region and to adapt working conditions during emergencies. • Fluency in English and Spanish. • Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
Desirable: • Significant experience in the region • Experience in both development and emergency contexts • Experience with USG (BHA, BPRM, USAID), GAC and EU funding applications • French or Portuguese
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at Save the Children | New Business and Proposal Development Specialist | América Latina y el Caribe
Te puede interesar …
- Ideatones: Emprendedores resuelven los desafíos de empresas en Panamá
- Gamificación para la sostenibilidad: Juegos que cambian el mundo
- Vivir y redescubrir Ciudad del Saber
- Periodismo y ciencia para la construcción del tejido social
- Agua limpia para la atención de emergencias médicas: Fortaleciendo la calidad de atención en la pandemia
- Autoridades académicas nos cuentan cómo se ha adaptado el sector a los tiempos de pandemia