En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 29 de Abril de 2021
Response Operation Project Officer, Panama - American Red Cross
Fecha límite: 14 de Mayo de 2021
The American Red Cross (AmRC) International Services Department (ISD) seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. The American Red Cross continues to deepen and expand its international programming while also working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent Network, in order to deliver critical assistance to some of the most vulnerable communities in the world.
In response to the devastating Hurricanes Eta and Iota that made landfall in Central America November 3 and 13 respectively, the International Services Department of the American Red Cross (AmRC) launched a response and early recovery program and is seeking a Project Officer (PO) to provide day-to-day support and oversight of the program portfolio. The Project Officer will be responsible for providing strong technical and programmatic support to achieve well-integrated programmatic goals, ensure quality and compliance, and report regularly on progress against time, scope, and budget. The PO will also serve as the point of contact between the regional delegation in Panama and other HQ units and is responsible for supporting and coordinating program requirements for planning, technical support, human resources, and budget. The position reports to the Manager of the Program Support Unit in Washington, DC.
This is a term-limited position for a 12-month operation estimated to end in March or April 2022. Travel: Up to 25%
• Serves as the primary program support focal point for specific disaster response operation(s) and related assigned portfolio.
• Serves as the primary field interface with HQ, for assigned portfolio, and coordinates with HQ units on their behalf.
• Works closely with Operations counterparts to ensure global, region, and country teams can meet department standards in areas such as proposal and sub-award development, sub-award compliance monitoring, data management, and project management
• Facilitates and follows up on grant management requirements including concept and proposal development, agreement negotiation, analysis of resource requirements, performance metrics, and monitoring and evaluation.
• Facilitates close collaboration between HQ support units and field teams to provide and coordinate guidance in the design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of programs.
• Ensure compliance in programmatic and financial reporting from partners, as outlined in funding agreements. Supports regions, countries, and global program teams in monitoring program and
project timelines, targets and budgets, trouble-shooting issues, and coordinating potential solutions to ensure objectives and commitments are achieved
• Ensures and coordinates data input for portfolio monitoring and dashboards, drafting and/or copy-editing proposals and donor reports, and coordinating the process for developing specific concepts, proposals, and sub-awards.
• Ensures the success of the operation by coordinating or directly handling other tasks as assigned including preparing presentations, translation, representation, and other associated responsibilities.
• Minimum of five years relevant experience required, including proven skills in field and HQ level project and budget management, oversight, relationship management, monitoring, and reporting.
• Field experience working in developing countries managing disaster response, disaster preparedness, or recovery programs strongly preferred.
• Technical knowledge of disaster management technical areas, such as preparedness, relief, livelihoods, WASH, or shelter programming desirable.
• Prior experience in (American) Red Cross and knowledge of culture and systems, desirable.
• Experience in successful program design, proposal development, and grant management required.
• Strong orientation to or proven track record of delivering programs on time, scope, and budget essential.
• Proficiency in multiple computer applications, especially in MS Office
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and in a collegial fashion with people from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. Must possess strong personal integrity and the ability to adapt to changing situations, be self-motivated, and work well in both team and matrix structures.
• Must be willing to maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate time zone differences, deadlines, and responsibilities related to surge assignments.
• Location of position will be remote with willingness/ability to travel when conditions permit. Potential for up to 25% travel.
• Availability/willingness for a 1-year time-bound operation estimated to end in March or April 2022.
• Bachelor’s degree required;
• MA in international studies, business management, public administration, or relevant field preferred.
• Full written and verbal proficiency in English and Spanish is essential and required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application up to May 14th, 2021.
It is necessary to indicate 3 job references, a cover letter page and a CV.
The information must be sent to the following e-mail: email@example.com indicating as subject: American Red Cross - Response Operation Project Officer, Panama
Te puede interesar …
- Ayudinga: resiliencia y pasión en pro de una educación de calidad para todos los jóvenes
- ¿Cómo mejorar el día a día de los panameños durante la pandemia?
- Fondo Ingenia: Una oportunidad para proyectos de innovación social
- Lanzamiento del libro «Voces de Ciudad del Saber»
- La fuerza de la sororidad: CdS celebra a las mujeres con #SomosUna
- Mentorías para emprendedores: un potente catalizador de la innovación