En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 26 de Abril de 2021
Fecha límite: 07 de Mayo de 2021
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world's largest humanitarian organization, with 192 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles; humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (“the Federation”) is the world’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. The Secretariat of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (“the IFRC”) works to a Business Model and has a Business Delivery Plan with key commitments that sharpen its focus, clarity, and efficiency, and accountability results. The Secretariat, headquartered in Geneva, has five decentralized regional offices: one of which is the Americas, guided by the Secretariat strategies for implementation and areas of focus that build on the vision of strategy 2020. The Americas’ region is organized in two main hemispheres: a group of service-based departments and geographical configurations of (i) Country Cluster Support Teams and (ii) Country Office(s), as well as the Deputy Regional Director, each of them led by the Regional Director; and another hemisphere: six building blocks composed by (i) Partnerships and Resource Development, (ii) Policy, Strategy and Knowledge; (iii) Communication, (iv) Disaster and Crisis: Preparedness, Response, and Recovery, (v) Health and Water and Sanitation, (vi) Logistics, each of them led by the Deputy Regional Director. The regional procurement assistant duty station is the America Zone Office of the International Federation of Red Cross Red Crescent Societies. She/he is forms part of the Global Logistics Unit Team (RLU) and reports directly to the Regional Senior Procurement Officer. The procurement assistant will carry out procurement tasks in support of Federation operations and programs.
The Procurement Assistant will support the Regional Procurement Senior officer to carry out procurement tasks at the country, regional and international level in assistance to Federation operations and programs within the Americas Region and in support to Operating National Societies, Participating National Societies, and other Parties. The Regional Procurement Assistant will provide support procurement, for customer service delivery.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to International Federation standard procurement practices, keeping records keeping in accordance with audit trail standards.
- Assist the procurement officers in obtaining a minimum of three quotations per purchase, preparing the resulting Comparative Bid Analysis and recommendations to purchase, and the systematical documentation of all relevant information in Purchase Committee minutes where appropriate.
- Assist procurement officers to prepare and submit appropriate supporting documents to the Committee on Contracts at the Secretariat in Geneva, for purchases over CHF 200,000.
- Assist, following appropriate authorization, the purchase and delivery of supplies in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Liaise and coordinate in a timely manner with the relevant delegations, departments, units, and services regarding the delivery of supplies, keeping all parties informed of any changes.
- Assist procurement officers to identify and maintain an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database for regularly purchased items, and keep informed of local market conditions.
- Establish and maintain a good professional working relationship with suppliers and inspection companies.
- Ensure, through extensive travel and market investigation, that all purchased goods meet International Federation standards, are fit for their intended purpose, and have, where required, appropriate inspection certificates.
- Liaise with international, governmental, and non-governmental organizations and collaborate where appropriate
- Produce regular, timely, and accurate narratives procurement reports for the International Federation and donors. Maintain the procurement database updated.
Formal education to secondary level.
Currently pursuing a Logistics, business, or related university degree, preferred.
- Managing and supporting staff
- Working for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Working for a humanitarian aid organization in a developing country
- Working in general logistics
- Working in management or administration
- Procurement or purchasing, at least one year experience, preferred
Knowledge, skills, and languages
Proficient in basic computer software programmes (Windows, spreadsheets, word-processing)
Valid driving license for light vehicles (manual gears)
Skills in training and developing staff
Advanced knowledge of written and spoken English.
Good command of another IFRC official language (French or Spanish) or a language relevant in the region or country of assignment (i.e., Portuguese), preferred.
Competencies and values
VALUES: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Judgement and Decision Making; National Societies and Customer Relations; Creativity and Innovation; Building trust.
Interested candidates, please apply on this link: https://www.ifrc.org/en/who-we-are/working-with-us/current-vacancies/job-description/?id=77615
Applicants will need to send their applications together with a letter of motivation no later than the closing date. In order for us to assure proper comparative evaluation of your application for this vacancy and to enable us to consider your profile against other similar current and future vacancies, we ask that you submit your application taking into account the following:
Please note that the selected candidate will be hired through a national contract; therefore, only nationals of Panama or foreigners holding a valid work permit will be considered.
The incumbent is responsible to abide by Federation policies, procedures, plans, and applicable national laws.
The closing date is midnight Geneva time
Only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be notified
The position will be based in Panama.
Te puede interesar …
- Ayudinga: resiliencia y pasión en pro de una educación de calidad para todos los jóvenes
- ¿Cómo mejorar el día a día de los panameños durante la pandemia?
- Fondo Ingenia: Una oportunidad para proyectos de innovación social
- Lanzamiento del libro «Voces de Ciudad del Saber»
- La fuerza de la sororidad: CdS celebra a las mujeres con #SomosUna
- Mentorías para emprendedores: un potente catalizador de la innovación