En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 15 de Abril de 2021
REGIONAL HUMANITARIAN CAPACITY BUILDING ADVISOR
Fecha límite: 02 de Mayo de 2021
If you are an experienced leader, fully committed with Humanitarian principles, and are interested in joining the independent organization, world-wide leader in the Child Rights sector, this opportunity is for you!
Save the Children International is looking for a senior professional to join the organization to serve as Regional Humanitarian Capacity Building Advisor.
The position is planned to be based in Panamá, Bolivia, Colombia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, or Peru.
In closed coordination and collaboration with LAC Regional team, The Regional Humanitarian Capacity Building Advisor (RHCA) will lead the development of the regional capacity strengthening agenda and build the relevant capacity across country offices, local partners, and networks.
Success in this role demands a strong strategic and analytical orientation coupled with exceptional communication and collaborative skills, as well as ability to influence, build stakeholder relationships and overcome barriers in a complex and fast paced environment.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday All children learn from a quality basic education and that, Violence against children is no longer tolerated We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
The key responsibilities of this position are:
1) Provide humanitarian-focused organizational development guidance and advisory to the LAC CO´s and their Senior Management Teams.
2) Support Country Offices on building the appropriate internal capacity and resources to deliver effective and efficient humanitarian responses
3) Lead the diagnosis and improvement plan for humanitarian/nexus ways of working across the Regional, Country Offices, partners and other key stakeholders.
In order to be successful, you should bring/have:
Education to degree standard with a professional qualification in a relevant field
Fluency in both Spanish and English is essential
Previous experience of at least 5 years in Humanitarian and Emergency Programs.
Previous experience in managing Organizational Development Processes, Humanitarian Responses and Change management processes.
Working knowledge of how the evolution of the humanitarian sector, global contexts and technology is impacting on learning and development at local and global levels.
An understanding of adult learning and work-place learning methodology
Experience in designing, developing and implementation of capacity building plans.
Experience of people development approaches and excellent facilitation and training skills
Able to spot the potential to build capacity in an emergency context.
Ability to travel internationally, occasionally at short notice.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Previous experience of at least 5 years in Humanitarian and Emergency Programs.
• Previous experience in managing Organizational Development Processes, Humanitarian
Responses and Change management processes
• Working knowledge of how the evolution of the humanitarian sector, global contexts and
technology is impacting on learning and development at local and global levels
• An understanding of adult learning and work-place learning methodology
• Experience in designing, developing and implementation of capacity building plans
• Experience of people development approaches and excellent facilitation and training skills
• Budgeting, financial management skills gained through budget-holding responsibilities
• Field experience in a humanitarian programme and broad understanding of humanitarian issues,
international relations, and the international humanitarian system
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and influence at a senior level
• Able to spot the potential to build capacity in an emergency context
• Advocacy and networking skills
• Ability to travel internationally, occasionally at short notice
• Ability to build and work as part of a high performing team and work effectively across the different
teams to ensure maximum effectiveness and impact
• Fluency in Spanish and English, and excellent writing skills in both languages.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and virtual platforms (zoom, teams, etc.).
• Previous experience in the field in any LAC Countries.
• Knowledge of institutional donors, including but not limited to, ECHO, USAID, OFDA
• Experience in first phase emergency response in the field.
• Proven knowledge and/or experience in Child focus programs.
• Previous experience and knowledge of security management
Send us your CV and a cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at Save the Children | Trabaja con nosotros | América Latina y el Caribe
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
visit the following link to apply: https://lac.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=62377
Te puede interesar …
- Ayudinga: resiliencia y pasión en pro de una educación de calidad para todos los jóvenes
- ¿Cómo mejorar el día a día de los panameños durante la pandemia?
- Fondo Ingenia: Una oportunidad para proyectos de innovación social
- Lanzamiento del libro «Voces de Ciudad del Saber»
- La fuerza de la sororidad: CdS celebra a las mujeres con #SomosUna
- Mentorías para emprendedores: un potente catalizador de la innovación