En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 11 de Febrero de 2021
DISASTER RISK REDUCTION SPECIALIST
Fecha límite: 28 de Febrero de 2021
The Disaster Risk Reduction Specialist reports to the Strategic Planning & Technical Director.
Place of Work
S/he is based in RET Americas Bureau located in Panama City, with frequent missions to the field.
To provide technical leadership across all RET project's Disaster Risk Reduction, and to guide the implementation methodology of DRR activities, ensuring that the project's annual KPIs and targets related to DRR are achieved.
To provide DRR capacity building, training, mentoring and methodological advice to RET national offices (NOs) in the implementation of the RET projects throughout the Americas.
To facilitate regional coherence in implementation of DRR initiatives throughout the Americas.
To contribute to developing thematic guidance notes, information sheets and policy documents.
· At the beginning of each project, contribute to the planning of projects related to DRR, especially on capacity development, emergency preparedness and contingency planning, guiding each technical required step to achieve RET’s objectives, in compliance with work plans, M&E plans, budgets, internal policies and procedures and contract(s) signed with the donor(s);
· Provide guidance and the necessary methodological tools for ensure the quality and effective’s disaster risk reduction interventions integrated and complementary to other sectoral programs, if necessary.
· Support delivery of the scope of work detailed in the projects document with a specific focus on Disaster Risk Reduction and Management;
· Undertake frequent field missions, ensuring that the project DRR projects results are objectives-oriented implemented;
· Guarantee high-level quality of DRR project deliverables.
· Participate to the elaboration of accurate programmatic reports.
· Identify and document best practices and lessons learned linked to the Disaster Risk Reduction.
· Identify needs and opportunities in DRR for new proposals and formulate recommendations;
· Identify opportunities for joint project/programme with other relevant partners,
· Represent RET in relevant working group meetings, related forums, and other DRR-related events.
· Identify support DRR needs.
· Provide technical guidance to the RET project teams in global and regional Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) frameworks, approaches and strategies;
· Coordinate training of staff on humanitarian standards, including Sphere Standards, INNE, among others relevant.
· Conduct field missions for follow up purposes, conduct training, and identify needs and gaps.
· Advice his/her supervisor on any global, regional or country DRR framework change that may have an impact on RET’s programmes, projects and/or policies;
· Perform any other work-related duties as required by his/her supervisor.
In addition, like all RET Staff
· Comply with internal policies, ensuring that activities and their performance comply with what is established in RET's Code of Conduct and other Manuals;
· To ensure a positive work environment in compliance with RET’s Core Values, Code of Conduct and PSEA and other manuals.
· Work as a team member to achieve RET’s goals;
· Manage in a transparent way RET’s resources, fulfilling effectively and efficiently the tasks entrusted;
· Propose, constructively, alternative solutions to problems that arise in the work area.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Strong academic credentials, including a University degree in Humanities and Social/Political Sciences and Master degree in Disaster Risk Reduction/ Management, Climate Risk Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in Disaster Risk Reduction/Management; Climate Risk Management; prevention, emergency and early recovery; or a related field experience, including UN Agencies and International NGOs is required.
· Broad field experience in the areas of shelter, WASH, food security, would be an asset.
· Experience in UN interagency and/ or multi-partner coordination, proposal writing and project implementation at national and regional levels is required;
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, proficient level of Spanish and English language both in writing and speaking;
· Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages and comprehensive capabilities in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project);
· Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities.
· Results-oriented, with a track record of accomplishing objectives in a complex environment.
· Flexibility to manage different tasks effectively and willingness to put in extra hours when required.
· Ability to travel internationally, as required.
How to apply
Please submit your resume, including three (3) job references and cover letter in English (indicating your expected annual income package) until February 28, 2021 to recruitment@RETAmericas.org. Please indicate in the Subject of your message: “DRR Specialist”
RET is an equal opportunity employer
Te puede interesar …
- Mentorías para emprendedores: un potente catalizador de la innovación
- El saber de la Ciudad: Los caminos de la Ciudad
- La Ciudad en la (IV) Revolución
- El saber de la Ciudad: La Ciudad en el cambio de épocas
- Optimismo radical: el balance entre la utopía y el pragmatismo
- El saber de la Ciudad: El decir del hacer