En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 30 de Septiembre de 2020
MYP Art Teacher
Fecha límite: 31 de Octubre de 2020
Position Title: MYP Art Teacher
Title of Supervisor: Secondary Principal
Start date: November 2020
Closing date: until fulfilled
The Metropolitan School of Panama is one of Panama’s leading educational institutions. Founded in 2011, the MET offers a world-class academic program in English for students in Early Childhood 3 through 12th grade. The MET boasts more than 850 students hailing from 40 different nationalities and 140 faculty members and is
fully authorized as an IB school and is the first full continuum IB school in Central America.
● To promote the school’s mission, vision, core values, and beliefs.
● To develop and promote international-mindedness and all attributes of the IB learner profile across the school community.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Design and develop art curriculum and course materials for art teachers.
Deliver lectures to students on arts and its many forms and traditions.
Teach students to express themselves through arts.
Provide an exciting classroom experience to students during art sessions.
Maintain files art records, artworks and art portfolios of students.
Assess, evaluate and grade students’ performance in arts subject.
Provide art supplies and materials to students.
Meet students’ instructional needs and goals in arts subject.
Maintain and manage inventory control of art supplies and materials.
Assist and support school administration in running the art classes in an effective manner.
Ideally candidates will have the following experience and skills:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the related area
All of the requirements and certifications to teach
Experience teaching in a technology rich environment with the ability to work independently and
collaboratively as part of a team.
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, with staff members, students, parents, and outside community agencies and partners
Experience in IB-MYP preferred but not required
Experience working with Google Classroom and Mac Additional expectations
● Embody the school ethos – represent the school to all stakeholders in line with the school’s philosophy and image.
● Organization – maintain the Departments’ database organized and manage projects with strong attention to detail.
● Interpersonal Skills – maintain a high level of professionalism with all stakeholders, creating and maintaining an appropriate relationship with all members of the school community.
● Teamwork – the Team’s objectives may require input from multiple sources. Teamwork and collaboration will be required to work successfully in cross-departmental projects.
● Service – maintain a healthy disposition to providing customer service to the public, current families and colleagues across departments.
● Confidentiality – maintain complete confidentiality regarding parent/student information which may include names, contacts, family histories, and photos. Discretion is expected handling information about the school.
● Appraisal – to be involved in the process of staff appraisal through self-appraisal and an evaluation by an appraiser.
● Adherence to school policies – conform with administrative procedures and expectations outlined in the school’s Staff Handbook Policy including, among others:
o Attendance to school events and functions
o Following appropriate attire in accordance with the school’s dress policy o Follow the correct channels of communication
o Follow appropriate procedures with regards to grievances or complaints
We provide a competitive salary and package:
Ongoing professional development
Health, life and dental insurance plan
Interested candidates for this position are asked to submit the following documentation in English, and in a single PDF document:
A letter of application (no more than one page). If applying for a teaching position, please include your personal educational philosophy.
Up-to-date CV (no more than two pages) that includes: a recent photograph, nationality of passport, listed professional accreditations and degrees earned (copies of diplomas or certificates will be requested upon hiring).
Three letters of reference and/or names, addresses, e-mail contacts and telephone numbers of at least 3 former professional referees (direct supervisors).
You may send your application package via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, including in the subject line the position for which you are applying.
Please visit our website www.themetropolitanschool.com for further information.
Te puede interesar …
- El saber de la Ciudad: Para un saber tecnosocial
- 75 aniversario de la ONU: recorrido por su historia en Panamá
- El saber de la Ciudad: Desde pasado mañana
- Centro de Acopio de Reciclables (CAR) en CdS: ¿A dónde van los materiales que llevamos?
- El saber de la Ciudad: Del valor de la inclusión
- Amador Goodridge: “Para hacer ciencia, primero hay que conocer la realidad del país»