En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 13 de Julio de 2020
Fecha límite: 31 de Julio de 2020
The organization was founded by President John F. Kennedy in 1961 with the mission to promote friendship and peace world-wide by offering technical assistance and cross-cultural exchange. The Peace Corps sends the best and brightest Americans abroad on behalf of the United States to tackle the most pressing needs of people around the world. Volunteers work at the grassroots level to develop sustainable solutions that address local challenges. Peace Corps has over 25 years of experience working in Panama in four project areas: Sustainable Agriculture Systems, Water Sanitation and Hygiene, Community Environmental Conservation, and Teaching English, Leadership and Life Skills.
This position performs a variety of clinical and administrative duties in support of the Health Unit. The Medical Assistant (MA) reports and works under the guidance of the Peace Corps Medical Officers (PCMOs).
The MA is responsible for providing administrative support and, to the extent credentialed, clinical support, including but not limited to; working as the health unit receptionist, actively assisting the PCMO in clinical care, screening phone calls, taking messages, coordinating requests, scheduling medical appointments, distributing of medicines to Peace Corps Volunteers (PCVs) under PCMO oversight, and other clerical and administrative functions in support of the PCMO (s).
· Serves as chaperone for PCMO during medical examinations and procedures.
· Performs clinical privileges as approved by the Medical Director/OHS, which may include clinical tasks such as taking vital signs, administering immunizations, performing laboratory tests, etc.
· Responsible for sterilization of equipment.
· Utilizes PCMEDICS, as trained, to document clinical care given, and to assist the PCMO and backup provider in the delivery of and documentation of PCV health care.
· Responsible for receiving and registering all medical bills submitted by PCVs and local medical service providers. Submits bills to PCMO for approval, verifying name of Volunteer, date of services rendered, and that services were requested by PCMO.
· Prepares envelopes and packages, including laboratory samples and medical supplies to be sent to PCVs, to the training sites and to other destinations, and delivers them.
· Ensures an adequate supply of disposable materials, maintains internal medical inventory, and keeps PCMO informed.
· Responsible for updating internal medical inventory system (as determined by the PCMO) when medication/supplies are delivered, dispensed and destroyed.
· Drives volunteers/trainees, and medical staff to destinations in and possible out of Panama, This requires ability to drive 4X4 manual transmission vehicle on rough roads and willingness and ability to travel to remote areas of Panama.
Candidates will be determined to meet the minimum qualifications if they submit a complete application by the deadline, and showed evidence of having met the following criteria in their paper application materials, as defined within this advertisement:
· Education: Successful completion of a nursing school (university degree) and a valid registered Panamanian clinical license
· Language Proficiency: Speaks, reads, and writes Spanish and English fluently
· Experience in the medical field: Two years progressively responsible related experience with knowledge of administrative medical duties related to health services.
· Experience in the administrative field: Two years progressively responsible related experience with knowledge of administration of health units/facilities, including and inventory control.
· Soft Skills: Strong organization and time management skills, interpersonal communication skills, willingness to take initiative, excels working in a team and individually, strong service attitude, personal integrity, flexibility, and a strong interest in Panama’s development.
· Computer literate (especially in core Microsoft applications such as Office, Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
· Schedule: Ability to work a Monday through Friday schedule with evening and weekend hours when necessary, including traveling all across Panama.
· Driving: A valid driver’s license and stated availability to travel (driving 4x4 official vehicles with manual transmissions)
· Applicants must possess a registered Panamanian clinical license.
· POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO SECURITY CHECK CLEARANCE.
For a complete Statement of Work, please send a request to email@example.com.
Salary and Benefits
$1,870 - $2,026 (gross monthly salary, commensurate with previous experience within salary range, bonus, health/life insurance, transportation allowance). This is a Personal-Service Contractor (PSC)/local hire position.
Letter of Interest, three references, and resume (all in English) to be submitted each as a separate document in PDF format as an attachment by email to PAfirstname.lastname@example.org due by July 31st, 2020, The estimated starting date for this position is January 2021.
Subject line in the email must read: PEACE CORPS Medical Assistant
Interviews and testing are expected to be scheduled the week of August 10th, 2020.
For additional information regarding Peace Corps, please visit our website at http://panama.peacecorps.gov or social media forums: FB/Peace Corps Panama / Instagram: PeaceCorpsPanama.
Te puede interesar …
- Tecnología e innovación: claves para el desarrollo y competitividad de las ciudades del conocimiento
- El saber de la Ciudad: La esperanza en la Ciudad
- La biodiversidad se abre paso en Ciudad del Saber
- El saber de la Ciudad: Cambios en curso, ¿hacia dónde llevarlos?
- Un clúster para la cultura y la creatividad
- El saber de la Ciudad: La naturaleza en la Ciudad