En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 03 de Julio de 2020
IT Operations Associate FT/G6
Fecha límite: 16 de Julio de 2020
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
The selection will be competitive; WFP is committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
This post is to be filled at the regional office of the World Food Programme (WFP). The incumbent is accountable to the National Information Technology Solutions Officer.
At this level, the incumbent must give evidence of responsibility and spirit of initiative to manage the staff and projects under his or her charge and respond autonomously for the services under his or her responsibility, resolving complex queries with only general guidelines. He/she is required to use good judgement in the face of different and changing priorities and unforeseen problems that may arise daily in the provision of such services.
Coordinate and guide colleagues and manage IT projects, maintenance and support activities for effective IT service delivery.
The IT operations partner is the technical leader of the core IT services team; it works closely with the help desk, service units, end-users and other WFP units (at regional, HQ and Country Office levels) to understand the organization's needs and develop requirements and specifications for systems and services according to their priority and criticality.
1. Carry out system and hardware maintenance tasks, such as running specialised network monitoring and system protection, to ensure technology is running effectively.
2. Monitor technology reliability, identify user needs, analyse data and produce accurate reports in order to recommend IT solutions to support informative decision-making.
3. Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered, and accurate information is provided to staff.
4. Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
5. Provide guidance and training to IT staff in the region and standardize end-users of commonly used technologies and systems, to promote competency building and to assist WFP staff in carrying out their work.
6. Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
7. Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
8. Identify opportunities for implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division including, but not limited to, automation of tasks, reporting and controls for infrastructure and enduser services as part of the continuous improvement initiative.
9. Coordinate installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems and equipment, to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
10. Coordinate a team of IT staff to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
11. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Computer Science, Engineering or another related field.
Language: Fluency in Spanish and English, both oral and written communication.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
. Minimum of five (5) years of experience leading complex technology units with tangible results and decisive level of involvement in project management, supporting organizational change with technology solutions and implementing IT solutions.
. Proven experience in technology resource management including staffing, budgeting, technology roadmap creation and execution.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
. Extensive knowledge of computer systems, including complex problem solving, administration and network design Good analytical skills are needed to solve problems, as well as good management skills to supervise attendees. Excellent communication skills are essential. The position also involves documentation skills.
. Technical capacity and skills in the following areas:
. Hardware and software configuration: The IT specialist needs a great deal of knowledge about hardware and software configuration for servers, networks, computers and peripherals. Cloud Data Centre Management (Azure/AWS) highly desirable.
. Information Security: This role requires extensive familiarity with information security practices and procedures and their platforms to protect the organization's data against intrusion or corruption.
. Problem solving skills: solving network, computer and device problems using creativity and technique.
. Communication skills: effective verbal and written communication skills are vital in this role, as IT specialists work directly with users and IT department staff.
. Time management - An IT specialist moves easily between tasks and responsibilities to prioritize and manage their own schedules effectively.
. Positive attitude and proactivity in dealing with the challenges and difficulties of their position and the ability to work under pressure.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledgement.
National positions are subject to local recruitment. These posts shall be filled, as far as possible, by persons recruited from commuting distance of the duty station or within the country.
This position is open only to Panamanian citizens or residents with permanent work permit.
Fixed-Term appointments are for a continuous period of one year or more and shall have a specified expiration date. The initial appointment is subject to a probationary period of one year.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are internal applicant, apply through yor E-Recruitment profile.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the prescreening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this post is July 16, 2020 (Midnight-Panama time).
“Qualified applicants, especially female applicants, are encouraged to apply”
Te puede interesar …
- El saber de la Ciudad: La Ciudad adelantada
- Tecnología e innovación: claves para el desarrollo y competitividad de las ciudades del conocimiento
- El saber de la Ciudad: La esperanza en la Ciudad
- La biodiversidad se abre paso en Ciudad del Saber
- El saber de la Ciudad: Cambios en curso, ¿hacia dónde llevarlos?
- Un clúster para la cultura y la creatividad