En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 26 de Mayo de 2020
Associate - Haiti, Sud Department
Fecha límite: 30 de Junio de 2020
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI’s global malaria program provides direct technical and operational support to countries around the globe to strengthen their malaria programs and reduce the burden of this preventable, treatable disease. We support governments to scale up effective interventions for prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and surveillance, with the goals of sustainably reducing the number of malaria-related illnesses and deaths worldwide in the short-term and accelerating progress towards malaria elimination in the long term.
As part of the Malaria Zero Consortium, CHAI has been supporting Haiti’s Ministry of Health to make meaningful steps in orienting its strategic plans and systems towards historic elimination of malaria by 2025. This has included the piloting and scale up of a case-based electronic malaria surveillance platform to monitor progress, identify most affected populations and facilitate evidence based targeting of interventions aimed at malaria elimination. Geographically, CHAI’s efforts have focused on collaboration with the Ministry of Health and partners at the central level in Port-au Prince and at the department level in Grand’Anse, which is the department with the highest malaria burden in the country. During the course of 2020, CHAI will expand its operational footprint to the neighboring Sud-department, which is the 2nd most affected department of Haiti in term of malaria burden.
Overview of Role CHAI seeks to recruit a highly motivated team member to coordinate and lead support to the subnational malaria program in the Sud-department of Haiti. As such, the individual will support the Haitian government to plan and execute effective malaria strategies and interventions in the Sud-department. Building on CHAI’s track-record and experience in Grand’Anse, the individual will assist the Ministry of Health to further strengthen malaria surveillance and leverage the generated data to inform program decision-making on a regular basis. Additionally, the associate will support the Ministry of Health to further strengthen community-based case management, supply chain management and targeting of effective vector control interventions.
This role will report directly to CHAI’s Country Manager in Haiti. Technical backstopping will be provided by a team of country and regional experts. The candidate must be able to multi-task, work independently, and build strong relationships to establish CHAI’s presence and drive implementation in the Sud-department in close coordination with the Ministry of Health at departmental level. Furthermore, the candidate must have deep personal commitment to producing results, enthusiasm for living in Les Cayes (the regional capital of the Sud), and willingness to travel to relatively remote regions with limited infrastructure and medical care. Additionally, the candidate will be highly motivated and hard working with robust organizational, problem-solving, and communication skills. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities including resourcefulness, tenacity, independence, patience, humility, and strong work ethic.
1) Support the malaria program in the Sud-department to strengthen the implementation and performance of the case-based malaria surveillance platform, incl.:
- Coordinating, planning, implementing and M&E of work plans.
- Validating, analyzing and visualizing malaria surveillance data and further strengthening stakeholder capacity in this regard.
- Leveraging data analysis/visualization for strategic and operational decision-making to advance towards malaria elimination.
- Identifying and resolving challenges and bottlenecks that hamper epidemiological surveillance.
- Identifying and pursuing innovations to further strengthen implementation and performance of the epidemiological surveillance system.
2) Provide the malaria program in the Sud-department with technical and operational support to strengthen case-management, supply chain management, vector control interventions, operational planning and M&E processes:
3) Program Management:
- Support development, execution and reporting on work plans and budgets.
- Provide programmatic and operational updates for periodic progress reports and compile inputs and draft presentations/reports for internal stakeholders, the government and donors
4) Partnership, Representation & Communication
- Proactively develop and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders across government and non-governmental organizations in the Sud department;
- Represent CHAI in partners meetings as needed and serve as a trusted adviser to the Ministry of Health staff and partners involved in malaria elimination in the Sud-department
- Collaborate remotely with CHAI colleagues in Haiti and the Regional Office for Mesoamerica & Hispaniola as relevant.
5) Any other tasks identified.
· Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related work experience
· Strong problem-solving skills and analytical capabilities with attention to detail.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously effectively in high-pressure situations while remaining calm, set priorities, and work independently
· Experience living and working in resource-limited areas
· Ability to work well both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
· Strong work ethic, integrity, credibility, and dedication to CHAI’s mission
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Fluency in French/Haitian Creole and English
· Experience working with government officials
· Experience with programming on malaria or other infectious diseases
· Experience with disease surveillance and data analysis
· Experience living or working in resource-limited countries.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please, click on the offer Associate, Haiti - Sud Department and follow the instructions indicated, and send your CV and your cover letter to OperationsM&H@clintonhealthaccess.org
Te puede interesar …
- El saber de la Ciudad: El camino de la Ciudad
- Una conversación con Carlos Jaramillo, Director Académico y del Centro de Finanzas del IESA
- El saber de la Ciudad: La Cultura de la Ciudad
- La licencia de paternidad y la equidad de género: dos desafíos en estrecha relación
- El saber de la Ciudad: El quehacer de la Ciudad
- Edificios sostenibles: la mejor apuesta para el futuro