En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 16 de Mayo de 2020
Consultant Medical Doctor (122247)
Fecha límite: 22 de Mayo de 2020
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Are you skilled in providing hygiene and safety training, assessment of health, safety and environmental issues for WFP staff and offices during COVID-19 Pandemic? Would you like to change and save lives with the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide? If yes, this opportunity is for you. We are looking for a Medical Doctor.
At WFP we are looking for a talented Medical Doctor for the Regional Bureau of Latin America and the Caribbean. You will perform staff health and safety functions and provide Hygiene and safety training, personal first aid training review and medical and casualty response, assessment of health, safety and environmental issues of WFP staff and offices during COVID-19 Pandemic and will create and coordinate peer network of COVID-19 responders throughout the UN system.
Under the functional supervision and guidance of the Regional Medical Officer, the Medical Doctor will be responsible of the following key duties:
- To contribute in the design and coordination of the delivery of medical services in the region for efficient and effective promotion, prevention and protection of the health and safety of WFP staff following the Wellness Strategy and the Regional Strategic objective;
- Provide technical expertise, advice and solutions that support strategic results, and contribute to the formulation of regional strategies and approaches where appropriate;
- Provide travel medicine services for staff on official travel, incorporating destination-specific health advice, facilitating access to immunization, prophylactic medications and travel medical kits;
- Performing and assessing medical examinations and clearances for national staff related to recruitment, periodic medical examination, pre-departure briefing for missions to the field, management or assistance with follow-up of chronic medical condition diagnosed and for which treatment has already started etc.
- Leave due to illness; or identifying health hazards for staff and/or dependents (work-related and/or environmental).
- Ensuring compliance to all UN medical protocols and recommendations (HIV/AIDS, first-aid training PEP kit country specific protocols including PICT and VCCT).
- Support WFP Country Offices in the management and monitoring of the implementation of the Service Level Agreement or Memoranda of Understanding regarding the sharing of DPKO/DFS Missions field medical services to WFP staff;
- Manage, advise, and report on all health matters related to staff including;
- Access and liaise with local medical facilities to ascertain proper medical care rendered and establish a referral list and updated list of reasonable and customary costs, whilst monitoring and verifying appropriateness, reasonableness and customary nature of major medical bills / treatment as required;
- Provide surge capacity to the corporate and UN system emergency response capacity including mass casualty incidents;
- The medical officer is NOT the primary care physician of WFP Staff: however, s/he does provide first aid emergency services in response to accidents occurring in the workplace;
- Implement staff health training (e.g. ongoing COVID-19 awareness, malaria prevention measures, first aid training);
- Implement health and SOP training with Cooperating Partners in relation to aspects of WFPs operations where WFP staff and CPs could be at risk of COVID-19.
- Participate in pre planning of WFPs Emergency response operations (eg. food distributions) to ensure discussions filter planning through a health lens alongside logistics etc. to ensure WFP staff have appropriate protection measures in place.
- Propose, assess, update as needed SOPs for staff protection, in specific higher risk occupational settings (e.g. food distributions, ports and warehouses with casual laborers, drivers and cleaners).
- Coordinate with health sector colleagues on the UNCTs to improve healthcare access for UN staff and family members;
- Assess and respond to increase of disease incidents among WFP staff (e.g., high incidence rate of malaria in sub offices);
- Assess disease outbreaks or other environmental hazards that could have impact on WFP’s operations and recommend mitigating measures;
- Identify (confidentially) staff with stress or other psychological concerns and coordinate assistance as appropriate with Regional Staff Counsellor and the UNDSS Counsellor
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Doctorate in Medicine;
- Postgraduate medical qualification in, preferably, one of the following medical specialities; emergency medicine, internal medicine, occupational health and safety, and/or public health;
- Current registered to practice medicine in own country or another UN member state is required.
- Professional trainer’s certification related to infectious diseases i.e. Ebola, COVID-19.
- Have vast experience in any outbreak response and emergencies
- Minimum 5 years of progressive professional experience in healthcare, at least, 1-2 years should be in an international organization
- At least five (5) years progressive experience and practice in general medicine in developing countries or countries in conflict.
- An asset would be experience within the UN system, or similar NGO.
- Creation of training programmes
- Workshop & presentation training
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
- Excellent communication, presentation and drafting skills;
- Experience in emergency management (crisis or disaster medicine), travel medicine, tropical and infectious disease;
- Knowledge of addressing the psychosocial needs of humanitarian workers;
- Project management;
- Formal training in CPR and, preferably in BCLS and ACLS or equivalent emergency medical care;
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- Remains calm in stressful situations
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
JOB TITLE: Medical Doctor
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Consultant
DUTY STATION (City, Country): Panama City, Panama
DURATION: 3 months
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings. If you are an internal applicant, apply through your E-Recruitment profile.
• In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application.
• Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes screening against job requirements, a technical test, and a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply to this post is Friday 22 May 2020. Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only short-listed qualified candidates will receive an acknowledge.
This vacant is open to all candidates with current registered to practice medicine in own country or another UN member state. There is a possibility to carry out the duties on a home based basis; however, this will be determined and decided at a later stage of the process.
Link para aplicantes:
Por favor tomar en cuenta que la fecha límite para aplicar es el viernes 22 de mayo de 2020.