En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 12 de Mayo de 2020
Fecha límite: 22 de Mayo de 2020
UNITED NATIONS HIGH COMMISSIONER FOR REFUGEES (UNHCR)
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Title of Post
Panama City, Panama
Type of contract
UNOPS Local ICA
Length of Contract
Until 31 December 2020
Effective date of assignment
1. General Background
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is mandated to lead and coordinate international action to protect and assist refugees and other persons of concern. It is constantly seeking talented, compassionate candidates with high integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to crises with the right skills. Given the nature of UNHCR’s work, it is essential that its workforce has the right mix of skills and qualities to fulfil its mandate.
UNHCR operates a worldwide fleet of approximately 7,700 light, armored, heavy and specialized vehicles. This position is part of the Global Fleet Management Platform of the DESS – Supply Management Service, under Assets and Fleet Management Section and under supervision of the Associate Asset Management Officer. The UNHCR fleet management scheme includes asset disposal assistance to operations for vehicles according to existing policies. Many operations in the region have vehicles that meet the disposal requirements. The disposal effort and the income it generates plays an important part of the overall scheme and through optimum rotation of vehicles, while avoiding vehicle graveyards in the field, enables GFM to make decisions that are of the best interest for UNHCR. The post is specifically located in Panama City towards improving support to the Regional Bureau for the Americas and respective local operations; reducing operational costs and to allow the incumbent of this position to contribute to the implementation of the UNHCR’s Global Fleet Management scheme worldwide, which was launched in January 2014.
2. Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Under the technical/project supervision of the Associate Asset Management Officer in Panama City and as part of the Assets & Fleet Maintenance team in Budapest, the Supply Associate will:
- In compliance with supply chain rules and procedures, support the related supply activities to facilitate UNHCR end to end processes resulting in a timely and quality delivery of goods and services to persons of concern.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on supply activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyze statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist the field operations and AMU in Budapest to develop plans and adequate decision making.
- Liaise with UNHCR operations to ensure vehicle accidents and damage are reported and processed in accordance with the prevailing rules and regulations.
- Provide guidance and advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting operations, HQ entities and others, as applicable.
- Disseminate and promote UNHCR's global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
The main responsibilities of the Supply Associate will be as follows:
- Assist in the physical verification of PPEs for regions/countries of responsibility, as required.
- Assist organization of assets auctions so that they are completed in a manner that maximizes revenue for UNHCR.
- Take part in frequent assets disposal and set-up missions throughout the region.
- Facilitate identification, assessment and selection of vendors (Auctioneer) based on their capability for delivering the best services and cost effectiveness to UNHCR.
- Provide asset management reports, customized reports, and gathers information on all assets and provides in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Report on income from sale of assets in cooperation with the Finance Unit of the Assets and Fleet Management Section of SMLS/DESS.
- Maintain an efficient system for the resolution of asset management issues in support of UNHCR's field users.
- Assist with the coordination of asset management activities to ensure that UNHCR's assets are repaired through effective application of the GFM insurance provisions.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on asset management activities and provide reports as and whenever requested.
- Analyze disposal requisitions to ensure that specifications, disposal dates and all other requirements are in order.
- Assist in the evaluation of service providers and provide advice to UNHCR operations on asset disposals.
- Assist UNHCR operations with preparation of Transfers of Ownership, Disposals, etc. in order to streamline the asset disposal process.
- Assist the implementation of effective asset management that regularly monitors the asset/fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organization.
- Facilitate receipt, inspection, registration & marking of Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) and organization of physical verification of PPEs.
- Support drafting of Right of Use and Transfer of Ownership agreements for signature.
- Prepare disposal forms and cases for the Asset Management Board and organize the disposal of PPE according to Asset Management Board decisions.
- Assist in coaching and advising individuals as requested.
3. Monitoring and Progress Controls
· Monthly progress updates to the Associate Asset Management Officer in Panama City, Panama;
· Participation in meetings with the relevant country operations and Regional Bureau for the Americas regrading Assets and Fleet Management;
· Contributing to monthly and ad-hoc updates to asset disposal;
· Contributing to monthly reports to the Asset and Fleet management Section;
4. Qualifications and Experience
· 6 years relevant experience with High school diploma plus Advanced Training/Certificate in Trade, Business Administration, Economics, Automotive, Marketing or a related field
· Excellent computer skills (MS Office) and pivot tables in Excel.
· Fluency in English and Spanish Language
· S/he must have a positive disposition, a good team spirit to work in a multicultural environment of national and international staff;
· Knowledge of other UN languages, will be an asset
· Other UN procurement and logistics training – such as IAPSO and UNPD.
· Completion of (UNHCR) learning programs or specific training relevant to functions of the position such as the Supply Chain Learning Program (SCLP), will be an asset
· Experience in on-line auctioning, will be an asset
· Knowledge and working experience of PeopleSoft applications.
Please note that this position is offered under UNOPS LICA contract initially until 31 December 2020 (with possible extension).
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and might be requested to sit for a test. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR/UNOPS does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
How to apply
This position is advertised open to internal and external applicants.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Persons interested in applying for this position must be Panamanian Nationals or must be legally present in Panama at the time of application, recruitment and hire. Non-Panamanian citizens are required to attach a valid work permit to be considered for this vacancy.
Interested applicants are kindly asked to visit the page www.unhcr.org/careers.html to submit an application. We only accept applications submitted through the MSRP portal for this job opening.