En este listado encontrará ofertas de empleo de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 12 de Mayo de 2020
Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
Fecha límite: 25 de Mayo de 2020
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy:
VACANCY NO: VA LACRO 002-2020
POST TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Associate
CLOSING DATE: 25 May 2020
DURATION: One year
ORGANIZATIONAL UNIT: Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Office
The M&E Associate position is located in the Regional Office and reports to the Regional M&E Adviser. The M&E Associate will also work in collaboration with the Regional Technical Advisors, the Programme Advisor/Specialist and the International Programme Coordinator.
The M&E Associate assists the M&E Adviser in providing technical assistance to the Regional and Country Offices and quality assurance on M&E related matters.
The M&E Associate also supports the M&E Advisor in gathering, synthesizing and analyzing information to monitor the implementation of the Regional Initiative Action Plan (RIAP), which includes but is not limited to coordination and quality assurance of quarterly and annual reports, as well as follow up and reporting on the technical assistance provided by the Regional Office.
Additionally, he/she supports the planning process for the technical assistance component of the Regional Programme, monitors its substantive and financial implementation and administers an online platform for technical assistance knowledge management. He/she is responsible to monitor and update the implementation status of the evaluation management responses in the region and support the regional
Finally, he/she is responsible for the support of the regional learning strategy and its components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Assists in supporting the development of monitoring and evaluation plans and monitors compliance with such planes, in the framework of established policies and procedures
● Assists in developing TDR for IC contracts and updates the roster of M&E consultants.
● Assists M&E focal points in technical matters related to programmatic support and maintains updated information on its participants.
● Update and feed technical assistance platform
● Assist in tracking substantive implementation of the Regional Programme´s technical assistance plan.
● Supports the M&E adviser in coordination and quality assurance of quarterly and annual monitoring of the regional and country programmes.
● Support programme and evaluation surveys when required.
● Prepare drafts of responses to inquiries received by Country Offices and or relevant HQ units, such as EO or PD, for action by supervising officer;
● Assemble briefing materials and support the preparation of presentations for M&E area.
● Support quality assurance of results and evidence-based planning, monitoring and reporting process.
● Collects and synthesize information from Country offices for corporate monitoring and reporting purposes
● Build strong relationships with colleagues and provide support as required to ensure learning systems are understood and supported at regional and country level.
● Support the development and update of the regional learning strategy and budget.
● Support learning regional strategy planning in coordination with country offices.
● Prepare programme baseline surveys when required.
● Support the development and implementation of Knowledge Management strategy in the region in collaboration with all units.
● Seek solutions for more complex data management requirements by working with IT colleagues, leading development of innovative solutions.
Information Gathering, Synthesis and Analysis
● Collecting and synthesizing information or background research for evaluation
Administrative and Financial Support
● Undertake all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements required for the organization of technical workshops, inter-agency meetings, panel discussions, roundtables, missions, and other events organized by the M&E Adviser;
● Review incoming correspondence, collect and prepare necessary information for reply / action, and draft and finalize response;
● Prepare travel authorizations and make travel arrangements;
● Contributes to maintaining the office filing system and assist in archiving;
● Prepare requisition request in ATLAS, create receipts in Atlas, as needed;
● Apply UNFPA rules, regulations and procedures;
Carry out any other duties as may be required by the M&E Adviser, or the Regional Director.
▪ Values/Guiding principles;
▪ Personal leadership and effectiveness;
▪ Building and managing relationships
● Logistical support
● Managing data
● Managing documents, correspondence and reports
● Managing information and workflow
● Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
● Managing financial processes
● Job knowledge / technical expertise
● Analytical Thinking
● Experience in managing learning platforms
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Knowledge and Experience:
▪ Minimum 6 years, previous relevant experience including some experience in research and assistance;
▪ Previous experience in the UN is a strong advantage;
▪ Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
▪ Computer literacy - Word, Excel, Power-point, etc.;
▪ Good knowledge of Atlas / PeopleSoft or other ERP system;
▪ Good writing and communication skills.
▪ Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
▪ Fluency in Spanish. Working knowledge of oral and written English is required.
▪ Good knowledge of Microsoft office and google applications.
▪ Experience in designing and managing knowledge platforms and google sites is an important plus.
▪ Experience in managing technical assistant platforms is an important asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates should complete a United Nations Personal History Form P-11, available on the UNFPA website at https://bit.ly/MonitoringEvalAssociate
The deadline for the vacancy applications is: 25 May 2020.
This position is for Panamanians or candidates holding a valid work permit in Panama.
Will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom UNFPA has a further interest.
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the position. The package includes a competitive net salary and Health insurance. Other benefits are responsibility of the incumbent.
Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.