| Position Title
| Duty Station
||Panama City, Panama
| Type of Appointment
||Internship Contract: 3 Months
| Estimated Start Date
||As soon as possible
| Closing Date
||September 15, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Global User Support Panama and the general supervision of the Head of ICT Panama, the incumbent will perform the following duties.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Attend Helpdesk tools (monitoring system and ticketing system) and answer helpdesk phone as frontline assistant.
- Provide the basic technical support to users in Panama.
- Assist with the installation and monitoring the network equipment (servers, switches, firewalls).
- Assist with the installation of computers and end-user equipment
- Assist with systems upgrades and IT infrastructure changes.
- Help to maintain an IT inventory of active and retired equipment.
- Provide technical assistance and training of users in operation and maintenance of IT systems when necessary
- Perform other related functions as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Students approaching the end of their university studies and preparing a thesis, or recently graduated in Computer Science, Telecommunication, Electronic or related area.
- Valid Microsoft, Cisco or other industry certifications will be an advantage.
- High-level computer literacy including a good proficiency in O365.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Extensive experience in direct user technical support and computer, network and communication equipment troubleshooting are a distinct advantage.
Fluency in Spanish and English.
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Client Orientation – Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Continuous Learning – Promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – Listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Professionalism – Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Technological Awareness – Learns about developments in available technology
- Correctly applies knowledge of specialized IT disciplines.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation. Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to [email protected], by September 15, 2019 at the latest, referring to this vacancy (Internship ICT) in the subject of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.