||Health Claims Processing Unit (HCPU)
||Panama Administrative Centre (PAC)
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Under the supervision of the Head of the Panama Administrative Center (PAC) and the Insurance and Provider Specialist, DRM/HRM-Geneva, and in close coordination with HCP-PAC Health Insurance Assistants and the Head of the Health Claims Processing Unit in Manila (HCP-MAC), the Health Insurance Intern will provide clerical assistance related to the claim processing for field staff and their eligible dependents based in Africa and the Americas. S/he will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Review data of new local staff and their eligible dependents from Africa and the Americas for participation in the Medical Service Plan (MSP) and the Medical Service Plan for the USA (MSP/USA). Coordinate with the Health and Insurance Medical Unit (HIM-PAC) and with the Field Personnel Unit in the Panama Administrative Center the approval of the MSP admission forms. Authorize field missions to record admission of MSP/MUS participants in PRISM.
- Receive and record claims submitted by mission for verification purposes.
- Maintain and manage the claim files.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Desirable Qualifications (Education/Work Experience/Key Competencies):
- Secondary education. Apprenticeship with an insurance company, preferably in the health area, an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work according to established procedures, with accuracy and discretion.
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks in order to adjust own schedule to meet additional and/or unexpected demands and deadlines;
- Develop and maintain effective work relationships within and outside the Organization;
- High level of computer literacy.
- Must have a work permit, be a local national or resident of Panama.
Thorough knowledge of English and Spanish. Knowledge of Arabic and/or French (written and verbal) would be an advantage.
How to apply: send your CV to [email protected] with the following subject : HCPU Internship.