En este listado encontrará pasantías de las diferentes organizaciones que forman parte de la Ciudad del Saber. La FCDS no asume ninguna responsabilidad sobre las oportunidades ofrecidas por estas organizaciones.
Publicado el 29 de Marzo de 2022
TEC Operations - Internship
Fecha límite: 12 de Abril de 2022
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate and the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability, and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
The IT Operations Intern is the focal for technology-related initiatives; works closely with RBP and HQ TEC teams, end users and other WFP units to understand the organization needs and develop requirements and specifications for systems and services.
The IT Operations intern reports to the IT Operations Associate, Team Leader of the TEC CORE team , under the overall guidance of the Regional IT Officer (RITO).
IT Core Services
IT Support Services
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Deputy Country Director and Regional IT Officer, the IT Operations Intern will carry out the following tasks but not limited to: (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
1. Support with the planning, design and implementation of technology solutions and services.
2. Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.
3. Resolve queries independently, escalating if required, to ensure that standard IT questions are answered, and accurate information is provided to staff.
4. Collaborates, coordinates, and relies on UNDP IT when/if needed to increase the TEC capacity to support the operation.
5. Provide standard technical training to end users of commonly used technology and systems, in order to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
6. Support the co-ordination of new application implementation in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
7. Draft standard material such as end-user and technical documentation to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
8. Implement improvements to methods and processes within the IT division in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services provided.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please create a personal account and fill out the profile form with your personal information at http://www1.wfp.org/careers/job-openings.
In the application form, ensure filling the mandatory sections, attaching your CV, answering the pre-screening questions and agreeing on the legal statement before submitting your application. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis on account of potential and performance. All applicants will undergo a rigorous process which includes a panel interview.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to apply for this post is April 12, 2022.
Link to apply:
Education: The intern must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme from a recognized university in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related area. The intern must have attended courses in the last 12 months and have completed at least two years undergraduate studies. Recently graduates (6 months after graduation).
Language: Fluency in English and Spanish (oral and written communication).
Technical Expertise. Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications: Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
Service Management. Understands and follows the established standards and protocols for service excellence within own domain to maintain quality of delivery and high levels of customer satisfaction.
Client Management. Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs. Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
Procurement and Contract Management. Assists in the technology selection process by collating information on vendors and/or products for evaluation against criteria.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
. Has experience resolving technical issues.
. Has worked with users supporting IT issues.
. Has experience with the application of client services standards to resolve or escalate clients’ service problems.
. Has experience working on IT projects.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP pays a monthly stipend equivalent of 14% of the daily subsistence allowance prevailing in Panama City for each day worked.
The internship is on a full-time basis in accordance with the working schedule of the WFP office.
WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
The internship has a duration of 8 months.
Para más información puede enviar un mensaje o visita este enlaceEnviar mensaje
Te puede interesar …
- «Ciudad del Saber y sus Mujeres»: Conmemorando el Mes de la Mujer en comunidad
- Siembra de Banderas en Ciudad del Saber: Una tradición que trasciende generaciones
- La ciencia detrás de la conservación de perezosos
- Océanos de Panamá: Oportunidades entre desechos
- Save the Children consulta a niños, niñas y adolescentes sobre sus derechos con el proyecto «Panamá Protectora»