In this list you will find job offers from the different organizations that are part of the City of Knowledge. The FCDS assumes no responsibility for the opportunities offered by these organizations
Published on July 05, 2022
WFP RBP- Complliance Associate FT-G6
Limit: July 18, 2022
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline to submit your application is 18 July 2022.
To coordinate all functions related to internal control implementation under direction of the Regional Compliance Officer. The Compliance Associate will provide specialized support to enable the embedding and strengthening of internal controls in the Regional Bureau, liaising with functions to provide relevant guidance and support as and when required.
The WFP Panama Regional Bureau is looking for Compliance Associate to ensure stronger internal controls are applied. The Deputy Regional Director is responsible of ensuring compliance with internal control requirements, to strengthen Regional Bureau organizational and operational efficiency, reliability of reporting, and compliance with applicable rules and regulations. The Compliance Associate G6 will support the Deputy Regional Director with all functions related to the implementation of internal control mechanisms.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. They have responsibility for organizing and coordinating of the compliance work within the Country Office and propose improvements to standard internal control processes. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems daily. Job holders are expected to manage resources, and coach and/or coordinate a team of support staff.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Assist the Regional Compliance Officer in overseeing the design, implementation, and documentation of the internal control system for (established by different HQ Divisions as functional leads, ex.: Finance, Administration, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Technology, Cash-based Transfers, etc.).
2. Assist Regional Compliance Officer in identifying risks and related controls, and advise on selecting the right control activities, owners, and timing. Work with Programme in designing, implementing, and monitoring internal controls over non-financial processes and systems.
3. Monitor and track recommendations from internal and external audits, as well as those from Regional Bureau oversight missions, and coordinate remedial actions required to successfully close out all oversight recommendations with the units concerned, ensuring evidential materials are provided.
4. Support training/information sessions for control owners on best practices in terms of compliance of internal controls.
5. Assist in the dissemination of tools for implementing and monitoring internal controls.
6. Contribute to clarifying and procedurally streamlining internal control activities across units and field offices, providing guidance on related roles and responsibilities.
7. Perform any related duties, as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Spanish. Desirable knowledge of French.
Experience: At least six years of progressively responsible work experience in the areas of audit, risk and/or related.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position: Compliance Associate FT-G6
Number of openings: 1
Based in: Panama City, Panama
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Level: General Service level 6
Duration: 12 months
This position is open only to Panamanian citizens or residents with permanent work permit.
You can consult the UN Salary Scale for Panama page, for your reference at https://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salaries/panama.htm
Fixed-Term appointments are for a continuous period of one year or more and shall have a specified expiration date. The initial appointment is subject to a probationary period of one year.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
It may interest you …
- The City of Knowledge Park: A new stage for sports and recreation
- Reflection on the progress towards electrical mobility in Panama
- Ideathons: Entrepreneurs solve the challenges of companies in Panama
- Gamification for Sustainability: Games That Change the World
- Rediscovering and reliving the City of Knowledge experience
- Journalism and science for the construction of the social network.