In this list you will find job offers from the different organizations that are part of the City of Knowledge. The FCDS assumes no responsibility for the opportunities offered by these organizations
Published on November 13, 2020
Peace Corps/Panama seeks a Seasonal Medical Doctor Backup
Limit: December 31, 2020
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Peace Corps Medical Doctor Backup
OPENING DATE: December 3rd, 2020
CLOSING DATE: December 31st, 2020
WORK HOURS: CALL AS NEEDED/UPON REQUEST
The United States Peace Corps seeks a seasonal Medical Doctor to serve upon request as a contracted Peace Corps Medical Back-Up Provider based in Panama City. The Medical Doctor Back-Up Provider will provide health care to U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers in Panama and will work under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director and Medical Officers in Panama and the Peace Corps Office of Medical Services in Washington DC.
The back-up provider shall provide direct patient care, referrals to outside medical consultants or facilities, in consultation with the permanent Medical Officers. e.g. hospital or emergency department, depending on the specific in-country arrangements, and assist with administrative duties and health education when indicated. The back-up provider shall be available around-the-clock by telephone or be present in the Health Unit. The back-up provider must document all patient care in Peace Corps electronic medical records.
• Routine primary health care to Peace Corps Trainees and Volunteers including treatment of common illnesses and injuries in accordance with Peace Corps medical guidelines
• Individual short-term counseling on disease prevention, adjustment issues, stress management and cross-cultural problems
• Response to emergency medical situations
• 24 hour on- call duty when requested
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Graduate of accredited school
MDs must be a graduate of a school listed in this link, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research https://search.wdoms.org/
• Current license to practice in Panamá
• At least two years of continuing education.
• At least three years of relevant primary care experience in a professional practice, hospital or clinic setting.
• Experience working and/or studying in a multicultural setting.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Package.
• Driving license of a manual transmission.
• Ability to communicate effectively in oral /written English.
• Ability to work effectively as part of an intercultural team
• Hardworking, reliable and diligent with good interpersonal skills
• Willing to travel to sites in Panamá.
• Experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients. (Preferred)
• Experience in training design and presentation of health related material (Preferred)
• Selected candidate for the position must receive security clearance and maintain this clearance in order to remain with Peace Corps.
• Must be able to obtain an American visa
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
1. A resume or C.V. that includes:
· Professional positions held, identifying duties, responsibilities, dates of employment and reason for leaving
· Education and training, identifying universities attended, dates of attendance, degrees and diplomas.
· Professional licenses, certificates, registrations
· An accounting for periods of unemployment longer than three months
2. Three professional medical references, with at least two being from medical colleagues who have directly observed the applicant in a clinical setting. (One must also be from the current employer.)
3. Photocopies of:
Academic diplomas. Pease note, in addition to a copy of the academic diploma, the applicant must submit an official academic transcript and curriculum.
Professional licenses. If the license does not have an expiration date, written confirmation must be submitted directly from the issuing authority. Please note, if a license is not required, rather, the medical diploma is the license to practice, written confirmation, issued directly from the professional medical board, Ministry of Health or other appropriate regulatory authority establishing that the candidate is properly credentialed for medical practice, is required.
Certificates of all post graduate training, internships, residencies, fellowships
4. A cover letter
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
6. The candidate should also provide the following:
b. Driving license
All documents must be in English. Official translation is not required.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention: Peace Corps Contracting Officer
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please write an emailSend email
It may interest you …
- Panama Jazz Festival: inspiring, educating, and changing lives through music
- WFP Regional Centers in Panama, proud of the Nobel Peace Prize
- CREASS: a bridge between classroom learning and real life experience
- Alliances: the key to advance further and faster
- Planting of Flags: a legacy of patriotism
- The UN’s 75th anniversary: a journey through its history in Panama