In this list you will find job offers from the different organizations that are part of the City of Knowledge. The FCDS assumes no responsibility for the opportunities offered by these organizations
Published on August 25, 2020
Coordinator, Youth Engagement- Latin American Region (SOLA)
Limit: September 30, 2020
Position Title: Coordinator, Youth Engagement- Latin American Region (SOLA)
Department: Organizational Development
Supervisor: Specialist - Youth Engagement, SOLA
Time: September 2020 to May 2021
This position is full-time
The position of Coordinator, Youth Engagement- Latin American Region is full-time and required to pursue the outlined goals and targets of achievement of the Latin America Region’s while working with different colleagues in different departments of other Regions and in Special Olympics International (SOI) HQ to allow successful integration.
Support Regional execution of Stavros Niarchos Foundation grant to provide technical support for school-based engagement and required financial and programmatic reporting as well as coordination with SOIHQ to receive global technical support and provide Regional reporting on grant project progress.
Support implementation, documentation, evaluation, budgeting and planning of Youth and Schools engagement.
Coordinate with other colleagues and departments in the SOLA Region, and SOIHQ to support engagement of youth, schools and universities as part of a cross-functional and integrated approach to developing Special Olympics programming.
Collaborate with existing SOLA Region and global committees and working groups regarding youth, schools and university engagement to allow a fully integrated and meaningful approach involving different stakeholders on national and international level.
Participate in internal and external committees, forums and conferences regarding youth, schools and university engagement.
Submit periodic comprehensive reports as per report schedule.
Support the Manager in providing technical assistance to National Programs to guide country-level growth of youth, schools and university engagement.
Other duties as assigned
· 3+ years of experience with Special Olympics or a similar organization
· Project and/or event coordination experience including stakeholder support, reporting and budget administration
· Experience in developing and coordinating educational, sports, youth and/or community work
· Knowledge of Special Olympics and/or work with youth with/without intellectual disability
· speaking and writing English
· Strong skills in innovation, collaboration, problem solving, teamwork, and vision
· Sound planning, organization, coordination skills
· Diplomacy skills and familiarity with a variety of cultures
· Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
· Excellent ability to use MS Office applications
· Able to travel internationally with work on weekends as needed
If interested please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
It may interest you …
- The UN’s 75th anniversary: a journey through its history in Panama
- The journey of recyclable solid waste arriving at the Collection Center in the City of Knowledge
- Amador Goodridge: “It is possible to do science in Panama, but it’s important to get to a sense of the country’s reality first”
- A vaccine’s development route: Discover the process that goes into creating vaccines
- Transforming urban spaces through art
- Innovation and collaboration: the flip side of the crisis