|TERMS OF REFERENCE|
Program development and quality support to LAC RO for Venezuela
Save the Children’s work saves and improves children’s lives around the world. We work to ensure children have healthcare, food and shelter, as well as learning and child protection services when children need it most. We are committed to helping all children achieve their full potential by ensuring they grow up healthy, receive a good education, and stay safe. Securing children’s rights is the foundation of our work. Millions of children around the world are denied their rights, simply because of who they are or where they are from. We know that to ensure every child has the chance for a future their rights must be upheld. Through our programming, emergency responses and advocacy, we put the most vulnerable children first, tackling the barriers to survival, learning and protection.
Save the Children’s Regional Office for Latin America and The Caribbean is currently seeking a short/term consultant to provide support to the Program Development and Quality team to support program and funding development for the Venezuela humanitarian response strategy.
Provide support to Save the Children’s LAC Regional Office in programme development and quality related areas for the Venezuela humanitarian response strategy.
· Support the development of high/quality funding proposals for the Venezuela Out-of-Area response
· Support the upcoming Venezuela Multi-Sectoral Thematic Assessment
· Conduct policy analysis and research related to the Venezuela Regional Migration Crisis, monitor changes in the political context external to Venezuela to complement the work being undertaken in Venezuela.
· Participate in relevant meetings and prepare meeting minutes and notes.
· Support the preparation of Job Descriptions and/or ToR’s for new PDQ positions/consultancies to be opened for Venezuela.
· Support the development and review of humanitarian response plans or other institutional documents related to the Venezuela Regional Migration Crisis and Out-of-Area Response in Venezuela.
1. Proposal development for Venezuela Out-of-Area Response
2. Job descriptions and ToR’s drafted as needed
3. Meeting notes and minutes prepared
4. Preparation and review of plans and institutional documents
5. Policy analysis and research conducted
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications in International Cooperation, Humanitarian Assistance, Political Science or other relevant discipline.
At least 3-5 years of experience in international cooperation or humanitarian assistance.
Project management experience.
Inter-agency coordination and collaboration experience.
Demonstrated ability to write well in English, develop funding proposals, prepare reports and planning documents.
Well organized and able to work independently and meet deadlines.
Flexible and team work oriented.
Fluent in English, written and oral. A working knowledge of Spanish.
|CONSULTANT ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
§ Produce timely and quality agreed documents and products
§ Maintain regular contact with the PDQ Director on progress
§ Health insurance policy in place
§ Laptop available to use for the consultancy
SCI ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
§ Ensure that the Consultant has the information and documentation to carry out the tasks required
§ Ensure that regional staff are available to guide and support the consultancy
§ Adhere to contractual payment arrangements
The documents produced during the consultancy are the exclusive property of Save the Children International and may not be used or shared without prior authorization.
|DURATION OF THE CONSULTANCY
Duration of the consultancy – 40 days (with the possibility of extension)
Please include a letter of application outlining interest and relevant experience, a curriculum vitae and an example of recent work in English.
Closing date: August 25, 2019
Subject: Program development and quality support to LAC RO for Venezuela