Intern-Visa Application Centre (AN2017/024-PAC)
Publicado el 17 de octubre de 2017 por OIM
Position title: Intern-Visa Application Centre
Duty Station: Panama City, Panama
Type of appointment: Internship, six months with possibility of extension
Closing date:October 23,2017
Reference code: AN2017/024-PAC
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Immigration & Border Management (IBM) Division´s Immigration & Visa Support Solutions (IVSS) Unit, VAC Team Leader at and reporting directly to the Canadian Visa
Application Centre Manager in Panama, the intern will provide administrative support and task will include:
- Provide service excellence to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the IOM VFS Global agreement, the CIC Statement of work (SOW) and the CIC Service Standards.
- Assist in the provision of client information
- Assist in the collection and forwarding of complete applications as per CIC checklist, including biometrics collection.
- Data capture
- Returning of passports, supporting documentation and visa decisions
- Undertake all other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications and attributes required:
- Students approaching the end of their studies and preparing a thesis, or recently graduated in Business Management, Client service or any related field of study, between 19 and 36 years old, who have less than two years of relevant working experience.
- High-level computer literacy
- Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail;
- Team player, commitment, efficiency, self-motivation, and strong organizational skills.
- High sense of responsibility, dedication and honesty are desirable attributes.
- Follows all relevant IOM procedures, processes, and policies, including the Code of Ethics.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to PAC-Recruitment@iom.int , by October 23, 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts documentation duly completed (resume and intention letter).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
From 17.10.2017 to 23.10.2017