Puestos de trabajo
Student Activities Coordinator
Publicado el 10 de enero de 2017 por MET
About the MET
Founded in 2011, the MET is an IB World School that offers a world-class academic program for students in Pre-Kinder 3 through 12th grade. With more than 800 students hailing from 40 different nationalities and 150 faculty members that boast an impressive range of international teaching experience, the school is enriched by the wealth of its diverse and multicultural community.
Committed to developing the whole child, the MET integrates the rigors of the IB and Panamanian curricula with a comprehensive visual and performing arts program, Panamanian culture, competitive athletics, cutting edge technology and the promotion of values and civic responsibility.
Students are encouraged to develop an appreciation of social commitment and values. The MET promotes in its students global harmony and sustainability to facilitate an intercultural and international understanding. The methodology is geared to produce well-rounded, well-educated students who are inspired and prepared to contribute to society.
About the Position
The Metropolitan School of Panama seeks staff that are passionate and enthusiastic about education, and are wholly committed to excellence and meet the following criteria:
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education and/or Business Administration or related field.
HIGHLY DESIRED SKILLS
- A minimum of three years of work experience (at an educational institution preferable)
- Experience coordinating events
- Prior experience and knowledge of managing budgets
- Bilingual (English and Spanish proficiency): Native Spanish speaker preferred
- High organizational skills
- Proficient technology skills (we are a Google based environment)
- Coordinate our Extra-Curricular Activities program, including managing the budget, staffing, supervision and scheduling, among other related functions
- Coordinating the school’s House System and organizing house events that promote school & house spirit
- Overseeing and supporting the curricular aspects and managing the logistics for our Passport Adventures
- Program (outdoor-educational camps), Camp Corotú (summer camp), specialty weekend camps and field trips
- Collaborating in the planning and execution of school events
- Managing communications with parents in regards to student enrollment and participation in Student Activities
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
- Enthusiastic about working with children, passionate about education, and successful experience working collaboratively
- An awareness and interest in supporting community service learning
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- A role model for students
- A desire to contribute and foster a positive learning community at the MET
- Schedule: the position’s schedule will be between 9:00am and 6:00pm
- Salary expectations: starting at $1,450 (salary will be commensurate with experience)
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following documentation in English, and in a single PDF document:
- A letter of application (no more than one page).
- Up-to-date CV (no more than two pages) that includes: a recent photograph, nationality (and migratory status), listed professional accreditations and degrees earned (copies of diplomas or certificates will be requested upon hiring).
- Three letters of reference and/or names, addresses, e-mail contacts and telephone numbers of at least 3 former professional referees (direct supervisors). Direct supervisors will not be contacted until you have confirmed we may contact them.
You may send your application package via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, including in the subject line the following: “Student Activity Coordinator.”