Puestos de trabajo
Senior Administrative/Operations Assistant
Publicado el 7 de marzo de 2018 por CHAI
Founded in 2002, by President William J. Clinton and Ira C. Magaziner, the Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (“CHAI”) is a global health organization committed to saving lives, reducing the burden of disease and strengthening integrated health systems in the developing world.
CHAI’s global malaria program provides direct technical and operational support to countries around the globe to strengthen their malaria programs and reduce the burden of this preventable, treatable disease. We support governments to scale up effective interventions for prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and surveillance, with the goals of sustainably reducing the number of malaria-related illnesses and deaths worldwide in the short-term and accelerating progress towards malaria elimination in the long term.
Overview of Role
CHAI is seeking a highly motivated individual to work as Administrative Assistant in support of its regional team in Central America and Hispaniola. This team currently works across four main countries in the region to rapidly re-orient national malaria programs toward elimination by providing technical support to governments and actively preparing the region for sustainable elimination by 2020.
This position will provide professional administrative support to the regional malaria team while working with staff across all levels of the organization. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Regional Operations Director and help manage the administrative duties required for efficient operation of the regional office in Panama, as well as provide administrative support as needed to other countries in the region where CHAI staff are based.
A successful candidate will have outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills to support the administrative aspects of the program. The candidate must be able to function independently and flexibly, have deep personal commitment to producing results, and have the demonstrated ability to lead in a challenging professional environment. CHAI places great value on relevant personal qualities: resourcefulness, entrepreneurialism, tenacity, independence, humility, passion for the mission, and work ethic.
- Organize meetings and conferences, including coordination with external parties on venue selection, accommodations, food, and transport
- Ensure appropriate arrangements are made for visitors to the region, including transport, hotel bookings, and other travel arrangements
- Help track travel in the region of regional and international staff
- Oversee general administration tasks, ordering office supplies, and filling the reception role of the regional office
- Manage and update the CHAI regional office inventory (e.g. office supplies, consumables, water)
- Ensure office utilities are paid on time and in the appropriate form
- Monitor and help maintain the general appearance of the office
- Assist with communications between the regional operations team and all other regional staff and stakeholders
- Ensure the proper filing and maintenance of documents (hard and soft copies)
- Provide administrative support for CHAI’s Finance & Operations Associate as necessary
- Assist the Regional Operations Director in daily tasks
- Assist staff based in Panama with administrative matters, and remotely assist staff based in other countries in the region
- Perform other tasks as necessary
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities and work independently
- Detail-oriented with good organizational skills
- Knowledgeable in office administration
- Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong written and oral communications skills in both Spanish and English required
- Strong work ethic, integrity, credibility, and dedication to CHAI’s mission
- Ability to work effectively with people of varied professional and cultural backgrounds
- Proven ability to function in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency and timeliness
- Panamanian work authorization
If you are interested in applying for this position, please, click on the offer Senior Administrative/Operations Assistantand follow the instructions indicated, or send your CV and your cover letter to email@example.com