Puestos de trabajo
Senior Admin. Assistant (VenSit)
Publicado el 9 de octubre de 2018 por ACNUR
Post Title: Senior Admin. Assistant (VenSit)
Duty Station: Panama City, PANAMA
Duration of Assignment: 6 months renewable
Type of Contract: Temporary Appointment
Employment Conditions: GL5 level
Persons interested in applying for this position must be Panamanian Nationals or must hold a valid work permit in Panama
Qualified candidates who are
Factsheet and motivation letter (1 page maximum), not later than 18th October, 2018. Application documents should be sent by email to UNHCR (email@example.com), including the reference of “Snr Admin Assistant (VenSit)” in the subject field.
General Background of Project or Assignment:
The incumbent will function under direct supervision of the Administrative Officer, who is required to monitor the performance of the incumbent and provide regular guidance. S/he may liaise with local suppliers and/or officials and/or Implementing Partners (IPs) on routine subject matters under the direction of the supervisor.
- Assist in interpreting and processing of entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of various personnel records and files;
- Attend meetings on day-to-day admin matters; administer the movement of UNHCR staff members and monitor their attendance records, leave plans, overtime and visa requirements.
- Search office files and records relating to a variety of topics for information and reference. Select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents;
- Assist in requisition of office supplies, equipment and arrange for distribution together with the appropriate inventory records;
- Assist in administrative formalities related to travel arrangements and issuance/ renewal of visas, licences, travel arrangements and other similar documents;
- Draft correspondence and reports, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility; Type correspondence, documents and reports, some of which may be highly confidential;
- Arrange appointments and maintain supervisor's calendar, receive visitors, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion; Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps;
- Assist the management to organise and run UNHCR Office and Residential (wherever applicable) compounds;
- Facilitate various official missions of UNHCR staff and other persons of concern to UNHCR;
- Prepare attestations and certificates required by the staff members for signature of senior officer;
- Assist in processing MIP and various other claims by UNHCR staff and other clients of UNHCR ;
- Any other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the Head of the office and/or Supervisor in order to meet the level of the services in the organization
Analytical Thinking Planning and Organizing Managing Resources
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
Completion of Secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human Resources or other related field.
Minimum 5 years of job experience relevant to the function;
Computer skills (MS office and People Soft applications).
Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
Knowledge of English and Spanish.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
Knowledge in UNHCR Admin and financial rules, procedures and processes;
Knowledge and working experience of MSRP (Peoplesoft);
Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position. Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
Date of issue of vacancy announcement: 9 October 2018