Puestos de trabajo
Publicado el 10 de agosto de 2017 por OIM
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Receptionist
Duty Station: Panama City, Panama
Classification: Grade G-3
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: August 20, 2017
Reference Code: AN2017/018-PAC
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision and direction of the Chief of Mission/Head of PAC, and the direct supervision of the Assistant to the Chief of Mission the incumbent will assist with the administrative activities of the Reception
Area and the professional and efficient management of visitors, service providers, telephone calls and messages, as well as a variety of clerical/administrative duties that support visitor services, information and referral and
the operation and presentation of a professional office.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
·Greet visitors and provides a positive image of IOM and hospitality for visitors, meetings/conferences participants and suppliers.
·Process and sort out incoming/ outgoing mail, fax and e-mail communication.
·Draft general office documents and forms related to office operational and admin matters, type notes and letters.
·Escort visitors, as needed, to avoid having visitors around the office without supervision.
·Inform SSU any situation that may require attention.
·Ensure that Reception area is kept always tidy (this includes the main door, stairs and Reception area).
·Answer the telephone, screen, refers calls, and take messages, as appropriate, promptly, accurately, professionally and courteously.
·Answer routine questions and provide a variety of information with regard to distributing bulletins, brochures and other project-related material.
·Track packages and envelopes sent through mail or courier including the pouch sent to Manila and Geneva and preparing the courier guides.
·Maintain a distribution list of the correspondence receipts and phone extensions internally.
·Ensure IOM information material is available for visitors and restock as necessary.
·Assisting at the airport for migrants traveling under IOM auspices in order to ensure the safe and timely departure.
·Escort refugees and migrants between IOM Offices and processing/departure locations ensuring that appropriate photo IDs/travel documents are verified.
·Drive IOM Vehicles as may be requested by the supervisor.
·Assist the Chief of Mission /Head of PAC in the absence of the Executive Assistant
·Provide basic office support to different units as required.
·Undertake all other duties as may be assigned by the Chief of Mission /Head of PAC.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in MS Office (, internet, email and database, is an advantage
- Commitment, efficiency, flexibility, self-motivation, creative thinking and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Experience in administrative support will be considered.
Fluency in Spanish. Basic knowledge of English.
- Accountability – Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Client Orientation – Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Continuous Learning – Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Communication – Actively shares relevant information
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Professionalism - Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork –Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Correctly interactswith and advises on interfacing with senior level stakeholders as appropriate
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to email@example.com by August 20, 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to http://panama.iom.int/en/vacancies and http://ciudaddelsaber.org/es/oportunidades/empleos
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts documentation duly completed (resume and intention letter).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 09.08.2017 to 20.08.2017