PMER Reporting Officer
Publicado el 19 de junio de 2012 por
Job title: PMER Reporting Officer
Unit/dept/delegation: Americas Zone PMER Unit
Reports to: PMER Manager
Responsible for: Overall quality control of narrative reports and ensuring efficient and proactive monitoring of reports due.
The overall purpose of this position is to provide overall quality control of pledge-based and appeal- based narrative reports, including editing and provision of technical advice, as well as close monitoring of reports due and follow up with budget holders.
Key tasks and responsibilities
a. Serve as the secretariat focal point for reporting in the Americas Zone office in liaison with secretariat reporting staff including the emergency reporting officer in PADRU. Ensure liaison with the secretariat focal point in Geneva for tools and guidelines, and adapt them to the Americas context, ensuring National Societies have access to templates in Spanish and French, as required.
b. Review the final drafts of narrative reports, carry out editing, ensure coherence and quality, and provide technical feedback and advice.
c. Carry out a cross-check between narrative and financial reports in liaison with finance analysts (ZFU).
d. Provide training in reporting in emergencies in liaison with the emergency reporting officer, as well as for long-term programming, highlighting the link with the project management cycle.
e. Develop and maintain an effective tool to accurately record reports due over the coming quarter.
f. Coordinate with Budget Holders in the Zone and Regional Representations with a view to
ensuring timely submission of final drafts.
g. Provide timely reminders to budget holders on reports due and overdue in liaison with the Zone Finance Unit and Resource Mobilization, and keep the Senior Management Team informed of overdue reports presenting particular difficulties.
h. Provide support to programme managers and reporting staff on formulation of ECHO proposals and review of final drafts.
i. Provide advice on strategies for emergency appeals and DREF-supported operations. j. In liaison with the PMER team, contribute to the strategy for capacity building at the National
k. Publish appeal-based reports on the web, send out notifications, and ensure that status of reports is updated and final versions are uploaded onto the APPLE system.
l. Serve as the FedNet focal point for the PMER team in the Americas Zone office and contribute to the updating of the Americas PMER site under FedNet.
m. Provide support for the coordination of planning processes and editing of plans during the planning cycle.
Duties applicable to all staff
1. Actively work towards the achievement of the Secretariat’s goals.
2. Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent principles.
3. Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related field. (Required)
- 2 years relevant international experience. (Preferred)
- Solid understanding of the development sector. (Preferred)
- Familiarity with IFRC operating environment helpful. (Preferred)
- Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative, and the ability to work
with others. (Required)
- Knowledge of logframe-based project design, monitoring and evaluation. (Preferred)
- Analytical and communication skills and ability to assimilate and process information for wide-ranging audiences. (Required)
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel. (Required)
- Ability to train programme staff on planning and reporting processes. (Required)
- Strong commitment to Red Cross Principles, and ability to model those Principles in relationships with colleagues and partners and translate them to development practice. (Required)
- Basic understanding of legal framework of humanitarian operations, as well as gender, protection, social or human vulnerability issues. (Preferred)
- Inter-personal skills and cultural sensitivity. (Required)
- Ability to write well in English and Spanish (Required)
Self-motivated, with good judgment and initiative, and the ability to work with others.
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate colleagues to meet deadlines.
Able to prioritize and achieve results through collaboration.
Must be flexible and adaptive to change.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Strong capacity to handle complex tasks independently.
Extremely strong time management and organizational skills with very close attention to detail.
Los candidatos, deben enviar su hojas de vida y carta de motivación a email@example.com