Monitoring and Reporting Senior Officer for Haiti (Federation-Wide)
Publicado el 2 de julio de 2012 por
Job title: MONITORING AND REPORTING SENIOR OFFICER for HAITI (FEDERATION-WIDE)
Unit/dept/delegation: Haiti support team - Based in Panama with frequent travel to Haiti
Reports to: Haiti Support Team Coordinator
Responsible for: Coordination of the monitoring and reporting mechanism of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement's response to the Haiti earthquake operation
Ensure that relevant, reliable and timely information is collected, analysed and disseminated regularly on the collective resources and achievements of the Red Cross Red Crescent in response to the earthquake in Haiti. The information collection, analysis and reporting will be mainly done through a monitoring and reporting mechanism that has been set up for the operation in early 2010. The senior officer is responsible for overseeing the data collection and reporting process, liaising with different actors that contribute to this process, and carrying out data analysis together with the Technical Movement Coordination team in Haiti. The senior officer manages the dissemination of information, and supports the production of publications and communication tools for different audiences.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The tasks and responsibilities of the Monitoring and Reporting Officer are:
- Focal point and Technical Support
Serve as a focal point and technical advisor for reporting and data consolidation to oversee, monitor, enhance and further develop processes and procedures related to the monitoring and reporting system of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in Haiti.
a) Lead any necessary amendment of indicators for the recovery phase of the operation in consultation with all stakeholders.
b) Provide analysis of consolidated data for various audiences, external and internal.
c) Ensure that the results of programme evaluations conducted by IFRC members are captured in the Federation-wide reports.
2. Programmatic data collection:
- Work closely with counterparts in the delegations of National Societies and the IFRC secretariat in Haiti to receive, analyse, consolidate and report on quantitative and qualitative data provided by different actors on main programmatic achievements.
- Ensure that the collective outcomes and impact are presented to the extent of available data in internal as well as external reports.
- Assist in providing tools and guidance for the data collection.
3. Financial data collection:
- Liaise with identified financial focal points in Partner National Society's headquarters regarding the financial data collection on the operation.
- Prompt financial contacts prior to, during and post data collection for each round and ensure tracking of submissions.
- Ensure close liaison with the finance unit in Panama and collaborate closely with the finance staff dedicated to the financial reporting systems and data collection.
- Ensure good linkages and coherence between the programmatic data and financial data collected.
4. Production of publications:
- Design documents and formats for the presentation of information on the web and in hard copy.
- In cooperation with the Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (PMER) unit, finance and communication teams, consolidate information and data collected through the reporting system and present this in reports for both internal information purposes and for external dissemination to all stakeholders, in particular donors and the general public.
- Liaise with the communications team in Geneva regarding the design and layout of publications for external audiences.
- Provide support and guidance to the zone office in Panama for the management of information regarding the implementation and follow-up of the Haiti operation.
- In liaison with the PMER unit and communication team, contribute to ensuring adequate integration and coherence of the different information and reporting tools managed for the Haiti earthquake operation (Federation-wide reports, operations updates, press releases, etc).
- Establish an inventory of reliable, secondary data sources of key statistics to contribute to data analysis.
- Ensure an analysis of lessons learnt with regard to knowledge-sharing, accountability and promotion of the achievements of the Red Cross Red Crescent to be taken into account in future emergency operations.
- To ensure that information on overall achievements of the Haiti earthquake response operation is provided to all stakeholders.
- To provide advice and guidance on the collective monitoring and reporting system of the Red Cross Red Crescent to all concerned parties and respond to any feedback.
- To ensure compliance with Movement and International Federation policies and Secretariat management policies, procedures and processes.
- To seek management and policy advice and guidance as required.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Secretariat’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
Relevant university degree or equivalent qualification (Required)
Relevant advanced university degree (Master's or equivalent) or equivalent qualification (Preferred)
2 - 5 years experience in writing, editing and publications (Required)
2 - 5 years experience in programme / project design, monitoring and evaluation (Required)
Experience in data collection mechanisms and data analysis (Required)
2 - 3 years experience in working for a humanitarian aid organisation (Preferred)
Acquainted with International Federation policies, procedures and systems (Preferred)
Work experience at national and/or international level in the Red Cross Red Crescent (Required)
Excellent communication skills (Required)
Good analytical skills and solution focused person (Required)
Methodical mind-set and pays attention to details (Required)
Ability to analyse both narrative and numerical data (Required)
Demonstrable accountability (Required)
Ability to work well in a cross-functional and multicultural environment (Required)
Excellent stress management skills (Required)
Self-supporting in computers (windows, word-processing, e-mail) (Required)
Expertise in excel spreadsheets (Required)
Fluent written and spoken English (Required)
Fluent written and spoken French (Preferred)
National Society relations
Results focus and accountability
Collaboration and influencing
Developing Organisation capabilities