Puestos de trabajo
Manager, Youth Engagement- Latin American Region
Publicado el 13 de septiembre de 2018 por Olimpiadas Especiales
The position of Manager, Youth Engagement- Latin American Region is full-time and required to pursue the outlined goals and targets of achievement of the Latin America Region’s portion of the 2016-2020 strategic plan and Global Youth Plan. Through this work, the position will support the goals and targets of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation of Unified Schools and Sports in the Programs of Special Olympics Chile, Brazil, and Special Olympics Mexico.
The Manager will work closely with and will report to the Manager - Organizational Development, SOLA, while working with different colleagues in different departments of other Regions and in Special Olympics International (SOI) HQ to allow successful integration.
- Lead/support implementation, documentation, evaluation, budgeting, and planning of Youth and Schools engagement based on 2016-2020 strategic plan and Global Youth Plan
- Develop a strategic approach to youth engagement beyond the 2016- 2020 strategy under the guidance of the Manager - Organizational Development, SOLA, Region
- Lead/support Regional execution of Stavros Niarchos Foundation grant through direct work with Special Olympics Chile, Brazil and Special Olympics Mexico, to provide technical support for school-based engagement and required financial and programmatic reporting as well as coordination with SOIHQ to receive global technical support and provide Regional reporting on grant project progress
- Support Program teams, SOLA Region team, and SOIHQ team to develop partnerships with governments, multilateral organizations, foundations, and others by providing subject matter expertise on Special Olympics youth engagement in the SOLA Region
- Provide technical assistance to Accredited National Programs to guide the country-level growth of youth, schools and university engagement.
- Coordinate with other colleagues and departments in the SOLA Region, and SOIHQ to support engagement of youth, schools, and universities as part of a cross-functional and integrated approach to developing Special Olympics programming.
- Collaborate with existing SOLA Region and global committees and working groups regarding youth, schools and university engagement to allow a fully integrated and meaningful approach involving different stakeholders on a national and international level.
- Participate in internal and external committees, forums and conferences regarding youth, schools and university engagement.
- Submit periodic comprehensive reports as per report schedule.
- Other duties as assigned
·Bachelor’s degree in international relations, education, social or sports sciences or similar
·3+ years of experience with Special Olympics or a similar organization
·Project and/or event coordination experience including stakeholder support, reporting and budget administration
·Experience in developing and coordinating educational, sports, youth and/or community work
·Knowledge of Special Olympics and/or work with youth with/without intellectual disability
·Fluent in speaking and writing English
·Strong skills in innovation, collaboration, problem-solving, teamwork, and vision
·Sound planning, organization, coordination skills
·Diplomacy skills and familiarity with a variety of cultures
·Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
·Excellent ability to use MS Office applications
·Able to travel internationally with work on weekends as needed
·Master’s degree in international relations, education, social or sports sciences or similar
·Experience as a volunteer in Special Olympics or the non-for profit area
·Experience as a Unified player and/or coach
·Experience as a teacher
·Experience as a youth leader
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes and intention letters via e-mail to email@example.com
Only those candidates from the shortlist will be contacted.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
From 13.09.2018 to 28/09/2018