Human Resources Officer, Latin America and Caribbean Region
Publicado el 5 de julio de 2012 por
As a key member of the Regional Human Resources team you will be the trusted partner of the Regional HR Director and immediate team on all administrative related matters and responsible for supporting the core HR functions within the Save the Children LAC Regional Office. The position may also require providing occasional back-up support for some Country Offices.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional Human ResourcesDirector, LAC
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 7 countries in the Latin America and Caribbean Region.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Responsibility for core HR functions in Regional Office
- Support the HR Director with the recruitment processes in the Regional Office and Country Offices, by posting advertisements, liaising with candidates, setting up interviews, following through with references and other checks etc
- Support in the Implementation and monitor compliance with HR policies and procedures, including orientation of new national staff.
- Assist HR Director in trainings and capacity building process conducted for COs staff
- Maintain personnel records for national staff in the regional office and for International Staff in the combined region
- Providing technical support on HR issues for the SMT and national and international staff in RO and CO.
Administration of Compensation and Benefits and Job Evaluation
- In collaboration with SCI HQ and the Regional HR Director, evaluate new international positions within the region and
determine appropriate grade level.
- In collaboration with Regional HR Director, implement the SCI National Staff Job Evaluation process, including training of country office job evaluation committees, development of salary scales and analysis of salary surveys.
Administration of Performance Management Systems
- Support in the Coordination the administration of the annual performance management process throughout the region. Regional Office and Country Offices.
Provide Back-up for Country Office HR Directors
- In collaboration with the Regional HR Director, provide back-up as required for HR managers in country offices.
- Being the trusted partner of the Regional Human Resources Director on all administrative related matters.
- Support incoming staffs logistical needs (shipping, re-location, etc.)
- Provide for written translation of documents and materials.
Support the change management process for the transition within your Region, including:
- Role modelling and supporting the development of an organisational culture that reflects our values, promotes accountability and high performance and frees up our people to deliver outstanding results for children and excellent customer service for our members and donors
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Cuts away bureaucracy and encourages an entrepreneurial approach
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence
- Displays consistent excellentjudgement
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years experience in general HR management with proven technical skills in the HR cycle.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural situations using a collaborative approach
- Appropriate training experience in developing skills
- Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Computer literate, with high degree of proficiency and productivity;
- Fluency in both Spanish and English is essential