Puestos de trabajo
Finance and Administration Officer
Publicado el 11 de octubre de 2017 por IFRC
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (“the Federation”) is the world’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network with 190 member National Societies. As part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, our work is guided by seven fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The Secretariat of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (“the IFRC”) works to a Business Model and has a Business Delivery Plan with key commitments that sharpen its focus, clarity, and efficiency and accountability results. The Secretariat, headquartered in Geneva, has five decentralized regional offices: one of which is the Americas, guided by the Secretariat strategies for implementation and areas of focus that builds on the vision of strategy 2020. The Americas’ region is organized in two main hemispheres: a group of service-based departments and geographical configurations of (i) Country Cluster Support Teams and (ii) Country Office(s), as well as the Deputy Regional Director, each of them led by the Regional Director; and another hemisphere: six building blocks composed by (i) Partnerships and Resource Development, (ii) Policy, Strategy and Knowledge; (iii) Communication, (iv) Disaster and Crisis: Preparedness, Response, and Recovery, (v) Health and Water and Sanitation, (vi) Logistics, each of them led by the Deputy Regional Director.
The Finance and Administration Officer will be contracted by the IFRC’s Secretariat Regional Office in the Americas in Panama.
The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for the overall finance and administration functions and to provide efficient and effective support to our office.
Job duties and responsibilities
1. Ensure accurate and up to date accounting records
- Record all financial transactions and reports received from the NS
- Perform a periodic review of the accuracy of financial transactions reports submitted by NS (focus on the accuracy of account codes and line descriptions)
- Provide feedback to project managers on documentation submitted with incorrect coding or inadequate supporting documentation
- Maintain all financial documentation of the projects (receipts, bank statements, etc.) and delegations
- Develop and facilitate the set-up of the financial management system of the projects and delegations
2. Ensure timely financial reporting
- Monitor and ensure timely submission by the NS of required monthly financial reports
- Prepare monthly-consolidated financial reports, providing subsidiary detailed reports per country operation, track expenditure against budget and donor requirements, to be submitted on a timely basis
- Complete quarterly consolidated financial reports with detailed analysis of variance to be submitted on a timely basis
- In case, coordinate audit of the financial reporting and accounting processed by the Finance Department of each NS
- Prepare other collateral reports as may be requested by program managers
3. Ensure the overall administration of projects and delegations in the Americas
- Ensure the proper administrative functioning of the project and delegations, if necessary provide support in order: coordinating the purchases, the inventory control and other administrative activities
- Support in treasury matters
- Support to project logistics, including administrative support for accommodation, travel, visas, and local transport
- Ensure that accurate office filling systems are in place and maintained
4. Other tasks
- Train, support and advise NS in all matters related to financial management required for the project implementation and maintain positive, productive and respectful working relations
- Provide technical support and advice to the project managers, programme staff or NS during the preparation and/or revision of budgets
- Ensure compliance with IFRC guidelines and procedures
A university or professional school degree in a related field
- At least 4 years professional experience in finance in an international environment
- At least 2 years field experience in a humanitarian organisation, preferred
- Experience of managing and supporting staff
- Experience of working with Red Cross/Red Crescent, preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Excell, Word, Outlook)
- Administration skills: logistics, filling, organization
- Ability to work in a team, excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- Networking capacity, preferred
- Cultural sensitivity
- Skills in training and developing staff
- Must be able to travel in the region (valid current passport required), and to work outside normal working hours as the situation requires and under stressful working conditions.
- Time management skills
- Fluently spoken and written English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French) or Italian
A letter of motivation must be submitted along with the application no later than February 15, 2018 to ensure a proper comparative evaluation of your application for this vacancy and to enable us to consider your profile against other similar current and future vacancies. Please submit your application to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the selected candidate will be hired through a national contract under the Panamanian labour law; therefore only Panamanians as well as foreign applicants with valid and current residence and work permit in Panama will be considered for this vacancy;
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by Federation policies, procedures, plans and local labour laws;
- The closing date is midnight Panama time;
- Only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be notified.