Snr Programme Associate (VenSit)
Posted on October 9, 2018 by UNHCR
EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Post Title: Snr Programme Associate (VenSit)
Duty Station: Panama City, PANAMA
Duration of Assignment: 6 months renewable
Type of Contract: Temporary Appointment
Employment Conditions: GL7 level
Persons interested in applying for this position must be Panamanian Nationals or must hold a valid work permit in Panama
Qualified candidates who are
Factsheet and motivation letter (1 page maximum), not later than 18th October, 2018. Application documents should be sent by email to UNHCR (email@example.com), including the reference of “Snr Programme Associate (VenSit)” in the subject field.
General Background of Project or Assignment:
The Snr Programme Associate reports to the Snr Programme Officer and is part of the Regional Coordination Office in Panama. S/he may receive indirect guidance from other sections and units relevant to the country programme(s). UNHCR Manual, Operations Plans, UN and UNHCR financial/budgetary rules and regulations will guide the work of the Senior Programme Associate. S/he is expected to stay abreast of the challenges posed to the region by the political context, the UN and humanitarian reform and institutional developments.
The incumbent is expected to have contacts within the organization and outside the duty station, as well as with partners and other stakeholders to collect information, monitor programme activities and implement administrative requirements.
- The needs of persons of concern in the country are assessed and analysed in a participatory manner and using an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) perspective to form a firm basis for planning.
- IP agreements are established in a timely manner, regularly monitored and reported on in compliance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Provide inputs for developing the country operations plan for overall compliance with global strategic priorities and regional priorities as well as with annual programming/planning instructions.
- Assist in organizing and documenting a consultative process to ensure a consistent application of the organization’s criteria and policies for the selection of implementing and operational partners.
- Assist in managing the development of a broad network of partners, good coordination practices and the development of partner capacities.
- Assist in negotiating agreements with implementing partners and ensure that IP agreements are established in conformity with UNHCR’s financial rules and the latest Headquarters’ instructions.
- Assist in the design and preparation of detailed operations plan according to UNHCR standards and draft relevant agreement to be concluded with IPs.
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target interventions.
Duration of Assignment: Type of Contract: Employment Conditions:
interested in the below position are invited to submit their written application, attaching a
- Review the implementation and performance of IPs agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures; undertake field visits.
- To ensure quality programmes, use UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Assist in keeping donor representatives briefed on developments and assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Assist in monitoring compliance to the organization’s resource allocation framework, providing support and taking corrective action where required.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Implementing Partners.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Provide inputs for the country operations plan (including budgets, staffing levels and structures) as well as prepare inputs for funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Enforce compliance with UNHCR’s global strategies, protocols and guidelines.
- Represent UNHCR in physical monitoring of projects.
Cross-Functional Competencies: Empowering and Building Trust Managing Performance Managing Resources
Analytical Thinking Planning and Organizing Stakeholder Management
Qualifications and Professional Experience:
- Completion of Secondary education and advanced training/ certificate in Business Administration, Social Science, International Law or related field.
- Minimum 11 years of previous job experience relevant to the function.
- Computer skills (in MS office).
- Fluency in English Spanish.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes.
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programmes (MSRP, Focus, etc.).
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and
Date of issue of vacancy announcement: 9 October 2018