Regional Office Human Resources Coordinator (REF. ROA 182)
Posted on March 13, 2017 by PLAN
About the Role
Founded 79 years ago, Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children's development organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across the world to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively.Plan's vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people's rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations and is an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the Regional Human Resources and Organizational Development Partner (RHR&ODP), this role is responsible for the implementation of HR Systems and Global Projects in the Regional Office and supports the countries in the implementation of HR initiatives and projects.
Dimensions of Role:
- Supports and follows up the implementation of the HR global initiatives and projects with 11 countries and 11 HR Managers in the region.
- Coordinates the implementation and provides support in HR processes in the Regional Office for an average of 50 employees, which includes local staff, international staff and remote staff based in other countries.
- Responsible for the Talent Management process in the RO with approximately 30 potential candidates
- Coordinates an average of 10 recruitment processes for the Regional Office per year.
- The position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of recruitment and selection processes for local positions in the Regional Office
- Ensure JDs for the RO structure are updated in the correct format before starting a recruitment process
- Define the recruitment plans with the position`s supervisor
- Prepare vacancy announcements
- Receive and organize applications
- Coordinate interviews with candidates and interviewers
- Participate in interview panels if requested
- Prepare reports of recruitment processes and regret letters where applicable
- Support the HR&OD Partner in the recruitment processes for International staff
- Provide support to countries in recruitment processes for CMT positions when requested.
- Ensure Plan’s child protection elements are included at all stages in these processes
2. Responsible for ensuring that every new local and international employee in the Regional Office receives an adequate induction and orientation process.
- Review and update the induction package for local and international staff
- Coordinate with other offices in the RO the induction agenda for new colleagues
- Conduct the HR induction to new employees, including Child Protection, Code of Conduct and main policies and procedures.
- Ensure the process is documented and the new employee signs all the related documents.
3. In consultation with the Regional HR Partner coordinates the timely implementation of Performance Management System in the Regional Office
- Conduct regular training programs with RO staff to ensure the team is clear on the PMS principles and procedures
- Ensure that every member of the RO staff completes the Individual Accountability Plans, Interim Evaluation and Final Performance Evaluation, according to the plan.
- Support Country Offices in the PMS implementation process and consolidates reports of the status in the Region.
4. Support the Regional HR Partner in the implementation of the Talent Management process in the Regional Office and supports the countries in the local TM processes.
- Ensure the RO completes every year the review and update of the succession plan for E-ROMT Positions
- Coordinate the Performance Development Plans for the potential candidates included in the RO Succession chart and ensure its effective implementation
- Consolidate the information from countries to update the regional succession plan for Senior Management positions.
5. In consultation with the Regional HR Partner, provide support to the interpretation and implementation of global HR policies, projects and initiatives:
- Support the HR Partner in rolling-out of global policies and procedures
- Advise Country HR Managers on interpretation and implementation of global policies and procedures.
- Support the HR partner in the implementation of the Global Pay Policy, including Job Evaluation using, conducting salary surveys and preparing salary scales.
- Coordinate the implementation of the Work Force planning program in the Regional Office and follow up the implementation in the countries
- Provide support to the HR Partner in the implementation and practice of the Child Protection Policy and Standards in the Regional Office.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Health and Safety policy standards in the Regional Office.
- Coordinate the implementation of the HR Manual in the Regional Office including the preparation and update of the Internal Regulations Document (Reglamento Interno)
Dealing with Problems:
- ·Interpretation and implementation of global HR policies and procedures
- Providing effective HR advice and support to Departmental heads and supervisors
- Making judgements about what to prioritise given the size of the potential work
- Coordination of actions with local staff based in different offices within the region
- Coordination of recruitment processes and induction agendas involving staff that are permanently out of the office
- Support the RO staff in the effective way to write JDs, Annual Objectives, Performance Appraisal and other related documents.
- Find training and development sources to meet the needs of defined in the RO T&D program
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or related fields
- 5 years of experience in HR Development Areas such as:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Induction and Orientation
- Performance Management
- Talent Management
- Training and Development
- Knowledge and understanding of Plan’s global HR policies and procedures
- Demonstrated experience on HR administration
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required
- Strong administrative skills
- Fully computer literate in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Capacity of communication in a clearly and effectively style that inspires confidence and builds credibility with staff
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Experience in working with people from a wide range of backgrounds and skills
- Effective facilitation and presentation skills
- Analytical ability – e.g. able to analyse salary survey data and draw conclusions
- Ability to influence, negotiate with and persuade staff at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks
- Strong customer service skills
- Sound judgment
- Demonstrates a high level of discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive situations
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Flexible with a ‘can-do’ and problem solving approach
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning and knowledge sharing
Physical Environment and Demands:
- Typical office environment, based in the RO in Panama
- Occasional international travel required
Level of Contact with Children:
Low: No contact or very low frequency of interaction
Please forward all applications to ROARH@plan-international.org with the reference ROA 182
Your application should include:
- A covering letter
- A comprehensive CV
- Details of 2 referees
The closing date for applications is March 22nd, 2017.
Please quote reference: ROA 182 – Regional Office Human Resources Coordinator
Only applicants with valid work permit will be contacted for interviews.
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plan`s Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all areas of the international community.