CAZ-003 Senior Regional Community Engagement & SBCC Specialist
Posted on February 13, 2017 by Save the Children
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Community Action On Zika Project (CAZ)
LOCATION: Panama, El Salvador, Nicaragua or Honduras
CONTRACT TYPE / LENGTH: National / 3 years
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Senior Regional Community Engagement & SBCC Specialist will be responsible for developing and monitoring comprehensive social and behavior change communication (SBCC) strategies. The post holder will provide technical advice on community engagement approaches to implement the country work plans. He/she will also coordinate regional technical communications related to community engagement and SBBC. Provide oversight to the Regional Communications Specialist
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: CAZ Project Director
Direct reports: Senior Regional Communications Specialist
Staff directly interacting with this post: Senior Regional MEL Officer and Country Office communication specialists. Country community engagement specialists.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Planning and Monitoring
Coordination and Capacity Building
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Project Director
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum five-ten years professional experience applying community engagement, social and behavior change/health communication programming aspects of global health, including at least three years of work within developing contexts in Latin American countries;
- Master's degree or higher in public health, social psychology, anthropology, health or development communication or other relevant behavioral/social science field
- Understanding of global health and community development theory and practice;
- Thorough knowledge of the current social and behavior change literature including theoretical frameworks, evidence and M&E designs;
- Experience in organizational or institutional capacity development approaches a plus;
- Ability to work well independently and in multi-cultural team environments;
- Excellent written and verbal Spanish and English language skills.
- Ability to travel at least 50% + of the time
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- Specific experience of designing and managing USAID or other US Government projects is desirable
- Previous experience in community engagement and SBCC related with vector borne diseases is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must send their CVs and cover letters to email@example.com with subject line: CAZ-003 Senior Regional Community Engagement and SBCC Specialist before February 27, 2017.