Internship (Documentation of Process)
Posted on February 19, 2015 by IOM
- Type of Appointment: Internship
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: March 4, 2015
- Reference Code: AN2015/006-PAC
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Panama Administrative Centre, and in close collaboration with each Head of Unit, the successful candidate will assist with for reviewing and documenting internal processes within the Units of OIM Panama to ensure compliance with existing organizational Policies and Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and other internal guidelines.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Collect information about and document the business unit’s processes and workflow by reviewing relevant written materials (e.g., manuals) and by interviewing staff and management of the unit performing the work.
- Evaluate whether current performance of processes comply with existing Policies and Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and other internal guidelines and instructions.
- Analyze each step of the process and determining possible “bottlenecks” or barriers that may affect the fluency of the processes and identify variances
- Make recommendations where improvement efforts are needed; and collaboratively work with process owners to ensure appropriate and timely remediation of identified issues.
- Create flowcharts and decision trees based on the collected data and the possible improvements.
- Document assessment outcomes and ensure that they are appropriately communicated (written and verbal) to process owners and management.
- Collaborate with process owners to review business process documentation and identify needed maintenance/updates.
- Develop and demonstrate a strong understanding of key processes and related systems, tools and databases.
- Education: Students approaching the end of their university studies and preparing a thesis, or recently graduated in Industrial Engineering
- Proven professional experience in process documentation would be a great advantage
- Results and details oriented
- Ability to prioritize and schedule workload
- High-level computer literacy including a good proficiency in MS Excel.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Languages: Fluency in Spanish is required and working knowledge/understanding of English is advantageous.
You may find more information about the position’s functions, responsibilities, required competencies and qualifications on the following webpage: http://ciudaddelsaber.org/es/oportunidades/empleos.
How to apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their resumes/CVs and cover letter specifying the motivation for applications to PAC-Recruitment@iom.int, by March 4, 2015 at the latest, referring to this advertisement and specifying the exact Reference Code (AN2015/006-PAC) of the position in the email subject title. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This internship is open to nationals and residents of Panamá
Although Interns are covered against occupational accidents and illnesses under the Organization’s Compensation Plan insurance, it is a mandatory requirement to provide written proof of valid medical health coverage in the country throughout the internship period (for non-occupational accidents and illnesses.
Posting period: February 19 to March 4, 2015