Posted on November 16, 2018 by IFRC
To provide the intern with the opportunity to obtain experience and exposure to a professional environment by performing accounting and financial tasks while supporting the Regional Finance and Administration Unit in the fulfillment of the set objectives.
- Currently pursuing a financial or accounting university degree
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Self-supported in computing systems (i.e. MS Office)
- Willingness to learn and proactivity
- Cultural sensitivity
- Fluently spoken and written communication in Spanish
- Fluently spoken and written communication in English - Preferred
Competencies and values
- Values: Respect for diversity; Integrity; Professionalism; Accountability
- Core Competencies: Communication; Collaboration and Teamwork; Judgement and Decision Making; National Society and Customer Relations; Creativity and Innovation; Building Trust
Please consider the following important facts before submitting your application:
- Interns are not entitled to a salary or benefits from the Federation;
- Federation will provide the intern with a daily allowance which will serve to cover the cost of meals and other related expenses;
- Interns are not eligible for payment of overtime;
- Interns are solely responsible for making their own logistical arrangements (visa, travel, accommodation, insurance, etc.) as well as for their cost prior to starting the internship;
- The IFRC accepts no responsibility to provide medical insurance, or for costs arising from accidents and illness incurred during the internship. Interns are required to provide a copy of their health and accident insurance certification;
- This internship is open to local and international applicants who are currently-enrolled in a university or equivalent level or have graduated recently (normally within 1 year from the date of hiring) in an area that is compatible with the above description
Interested candidates must submit their applications including a motivation letter no later than November 23, 2018.
Please visit the link: http://www.ifrc.org/en/who-we-are/working-with-us/current-vacancies/job-description/?id=17115 to view the full list of duties and responsibilities as well as for submitting your application.